Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings TSX owners. Looking to get a 05 CGP auto non navi in December. Love everything about the car except the wagon wheels. Want to put stock TL wheels (dealer here has some lying around from swaps), but, needing advise on what I need to know before I do this, i.e. spacers, size issues, etc. Total novice on modifying so any advice appreciated.
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,123 Posts
Your dealer should be able to verify if it fits or not. If they aren't competent enough to do that. Try an obtain the wheel sizing measurements.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Any idea of how much for TL a-spec rims and tires go for ... i def. want to get then after looking at the picture
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
lucky8 said:
Any idea of how much for TL a-spec rims and tires go for ... i def. want to get then after looking at the picture
I bought my A-Spec suspension from Acura of Escondido, and he sells the TL A-Spec rims as well. He was great to deal with.

For '05, there are two TL A-spec rims; one is Silver Sparkle, the other is Light Chrome. Both are 8" wide, as opposed to the 8.5" from the '04s, meaning they fit the TSX better.

Here's a link to his listings-

Silver Sparkle

Light Chrome

You may want to go with a 225/40/18. 235s will stick out a little past the fenders with the 45 offset....

Here's a pic with 225/40/18s...this car has the 04's in Gunmetal and Comptech springs- the 155 part # I think.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Since we're on this topic of TL A-spec wheels on a TSX, I was wondering if you guys can help with my question about which version (Silver Sparkle or Light Chrome) would look best for a Silver TSX?

Thanks!
 

·
The Bay State
Joined
·
931 Posts
Kaidoi said:
Since we're on this topic of TL A-spec wheels on a TSX, I was wondering if you guys can help with my question about which version (Silver Sparkle or Light Chrome) would look best for a Silver TSX?

Thanks!
Should really depend on what YOU think looks better.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
One thing that makes it hard to say is that both of those colors look different in every pic I've ever seen of them, to the point that sometimes I can't even tell which one I'm looking at.

I'm leaning Silver Sparkle for my SSM, just because I believe it's lighter and I like lighter wheels with Silver.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Here's Acura of Escondido's picture of the polished look 18" A-spec rim. These are not the same rims as per post #13 above which is the chrome look rim.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
I like the rims on Acura's A-spec prototype TSX here. These are 18" rims and have a polished look, but I'm not sure if they have the same finish as the polished look rim in post #14 above.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
LannyM said:
I'm leaning Silver Sparkle for my SSM, just because I believe it's lighter and I like lighter wheels with Silver.......
Lanny,

Do you know if it is definitely lighter? From what I gather, all the TL rims have a painted finish. None offer a true polished finish.

I'm trying to decide which to get for my Milano Red TSX.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,352 Posts
AlterZgo said:
Here's Acura of Escondido's picture of the polished look 18" A-spec rim. These are not the same rims as per post #13 above which is the chrome look rim.
Nice! I like those wheels.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
AlterZgo said:
Lanny,

Do you know if it is definitely lighter? From what I gather, all the TL rims have a painted finish. None offer a true polished finish.

I'm trying to decide which to get for my Milano Red TSX.
I don't know for sure; the only one I've ever seen in person is the '04, which is fairly dark. That's the one that was 8.5" wide, and is shown on the ABP prototype in post #15.

I've seen many pics that show the '05 rims, and it seems that even people who own them are confused about which finish they have.

They way they're described by Acura of Escondido, I think I'd prefer the Silver Sparkle, because I'm not really looking for a polished look. I think the darker ones from 04 would look good on a MR.......

Part # 08W18-SEP-200B $1280 Modern, high-gloss painted finish.
These are not the same color as any of the other 18" TL rims.
Not a shiny or dark as the "Chrome Look".
Not as much fleck or flatness of the "Sparkle Silver".
Best described as a High-Polish / Light Chrome Look
08W18-SEP-200D $980 Silver Sparkle Modern, high-gloss painted finish.These are not the same color as the old A-Spec Rims.
This rim has the same sparkle fleck but are silver, not grey
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top