Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:
Tsk, tsk ...skimpy info available @ the Acura display at the Dallas Auto Show yesterday. After 3 separates visits and about 30 minutes total viewing around the TSX, I was among a whole lotta folks who had a whole lotta questions that went unanswered by any Acura representative. We were like ants crawling all over a crumb and trying to gather info from each other. The sales lady was alone and outnumbered and wasn't able to demo the car at all. I wanted to hear the sound system and compare it to the very impressive demo that the young and enthusiastic Lincoln LS representative had just given us. Maybe the car is selling itself but the price increase apparently isn't targeted for salary overhead.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Now this is what I call a resurrection.

Hmmm, that was a long time ago. Way back when.
I'm not sure if the problem was not enough Acura reps or too many people interested in the TSX.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
That is a good idea, I would win all the time, as I only know what is next. :)

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
larchmont said:
Maybe we should start a pool on what old thread ej's gonna resurrect next...... :D
he been on a roll !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, folks, I haven't been on TSXclub.com in almost a year. I gave up on trying "to be" a TSX owner and was resigning myself to "not to be" when all of a sudden "to be" came to be. Got a red TSX :thumbsup: w/ 6spd manual and all the body trim options in October and have put 11000 miles on it. Santos @ Mac Churchill Acura in Ft. Worth was very good to me allowing a tax break in-and-out when I sold my Honda and actually delivered the new car to me in Richardson. If you're in the North Dallas area, that's who you want to deal with. Goodson and David McDavid are a waste of time.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
c.obryan said:
Sorry, folks, I haven't been on TSXclub.com in almost a year. I gave up on trying "to be" a TSX owner and was resigning myself to "not to be" when all of a sudden "to be" came to be. Got a red TSX :thumbsup: w/ 6spd manual and all the body trim options in October and have put 11000 miles on it. Santos @ Mac Churchill Acura in Ft. Worth was very good to me allowing a tax break in-and-out when I sold my Honda and actually delivered the new car to me in Richardson. If you're in the North Dallas area, that's who you want to deal with. Goodson and David McDavid are a waste of time.
:woot: Welcome back!!! :woot:
Glad you're enjoying your car :nod:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Yes, welcome back!

So......look what ej did.....one of these "resurrections" got an old member back on here!

Now that's a REAL resurrection!

BTW.....about the dealer allowing you a tax break on the in-and-out (so to speak) :D -- Doesn't this just depend on whatever is the law in your state??

(I assume you're talking about a trade-in?)

On trade-ins, you always automatically get the tax break in NY state, and I think in most states. In some others (including Cali, I think), you don't.
The tax break is that you only pay state sales tax on the net amount that you pay -- i.e. the difference between the price of the new car and what they're giving you on the old car.

What's usually the story in Texas?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I remember when I saw the TSX online when it was introduced at the Detroit autoshow....I remember say wow that car looks "cool." Then I goto the Chicago autoshow and see a Milano Red TSX on display....after looking at that one I wanted one even more. I couldn't wait, I placed an order for a Carbon Gray 5spd Automatic in May 2003, but then I was told my CG TSX won't be ready for me in May. I didn't want to wait for 4-6 months for a CG TSX. I ended up going to Kansas and picking up my new TSX (Chicago Acura dealers are lame and overpriced)....and I got an Arctic Blue instead of CG....no regrets....I see way too many CG TSX anyways. I've only seen one other ABP TSX on the streets besides mines, its nice to have a rare color. Thats pretty much my story on how I got my TSX.

I hope you enjoy your TSX as much as I do.

Congrats on your TSX, c.obryan .:)

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
larchmont said:
Yes, welcome back!
So......look what ej did.....one of these "resurrections" got an old member back on here!
Now that's a REAL resurrection! --snip---
yeah, this is freaky in a funny way...
man this is heck of a coincidence.
so obryan you been just lurking for like a year ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know what the state law is but the story here in Texas varies from dealer to dealer. I sold my car to an individual, not a trade-in at all. However, MacChurchill did all the paper work so the buyer of my old car wrote her check to MacChurchill and, since they didn't have to do anything to it before she took possession, it saved them some overhead. McDavid and Goodson wouldn't do that. This whole ordeal took me 6 months because I was dead set on getting more value out of my old car by a private sell. It was a 98 Accord EX sedan in great shape but had manual trans. and there are too many folks that can't handle that. Sold it for $9200-which is $2000 more than trade-in. Don't know if I will challenge myself to that level of patience again but I won this time.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
robert_tsxgeek said:
yeah, this is freaky in a funny way...
man this is heck of a coincidence.....
I was thinking it was probably cause-and-effect, like maybe e-mail notification of responses to this thread.
But if it was just a coincidence, it was a whopper.

c.obryan said:
I don't know what the state law is but the story here in Texas varies from dealer to dealer. I sold my car to an individual, not a trade-in at all. However, MacChurchill did all the paper work so the buyer of my old car wrote her check to MacChurchill and, since they didn't have to do anything to it before she took possession, it saved them some overhead. McDavid and Goodson wouldn't do that.....Sold it for $9200-which is $2000 more than trade-in. Don't know if I will challenge myself to that level of patience again but I won this time.
That's amazing. I can't say I understand it -- especially what was in it for the dealer, except for the fact that they got your business (doh!).

I don't know that we'll ever hear of anything like that again. :D

BTW how did you know this was even possible?
Have you heard of other people doing anything like that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was the Goodson sales man who told me about the in-and-out deal but couldn't guarantee that I would get the new car of my choice because I would have close out the deal in 30 days to keep the books accurate and choose from whatever was available. Then he disappeared overnight. So I got on the internet and found this red one that I thought was in San Antonio and when I called them they told me that it had been sent to MacChurchill. I really do think that it is the model that has been @ the car shows because it had 60 miles on it and all that body trim on it that I didn't want to have to pay for so all I paid extra for was the spoiler. They tinted the windows for me free. So, really, folks, I did all the work. What was in it for the dealer was a buyer who was ready and able to buy(cash) and took minimal sales time. Yes, I am enjoying the car. The engine has a such energetic pick-up in 2 & 3 gear. I am very pleased and would take my TSX hands down over the comparable BMW or Lexus. However, my sister has a big BMR, 740IL and we are talking about racing. Her car has almost 400hp but weighs twice as much as mine and is automatic. What do you think?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Don't do it unless you disagree with Vince Lombardi.

Or if you just agree with the first part of what he said. :D

But I wouldn't drive one of those regardless. IMO even more important than what a car does is how it FEELS.
A car that big could never feel right to me.

That's the main reason I couldn't wait to trade my TL-S for the TSX.
And of course the BMW 7 is bigger yet.
Same thing about the Acura RL.

·
The Bay State
931 Posts
I'm with Larch on this one. 7 series is one big momma. I could never drive a car that big. However, in regards to racing your sister. It depends on what kind (where) of race you are going to have and the experience of the driver. Find a very twisty road and that extra horsepower is not going to do much for the BMW.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
APOGEE said:
I'm with Larch on this one. 7 series is one big momma. I could never drive a car that big. However, in regards to racing your sister. It depends on what kind (where) of race you are going to have and the experience of the driver. Find a very twisty road and that extra horsepower is not going to do much for the BMW.
I'd still go with the 7-series even on a twisty. I've never been in one (might be fun) :D but from everything I've seen and heard, its handling is top-notch despite its size.

FWIW.....in Consumer Guide (not to be confused with Consumer Reports), the 7-series gets 8/10 for handling, same as the TSX. Granted, they might be wrong, and besides, the integer scale can blur some differences -- like, the TSX might really be 8.3 and the 7-series might be 7.6 or something like that. (By the way, all of these are great scores. Anything over 6 is real good.)

Actually, on a super-twisty, this could be an interesting race. I'd pay to see it.
But, as they say, "Don't try this at home." :nervous:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I think you will have to look at the difference of the cars also, rwd vs fwd, and how comfortable you are driving each in the manner in what they were made...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts