Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SoyBoy
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The question I'm asking specifically is that will debadging the TSX and Acura badges from the rear (of an 04TSX not this car) leave an outline of where the old bagdes were since I got the teflon coating? The teflon coating on the car may have been a waste of money but taking Ohio roads into account I might be happy I did it :confused: :sadwavey: To my old accord

Attachments

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
You can use alcohol to remove the excessive goo/glue left on the original paint. I don't think the teflon coating would be affected much, just finish off with a simple wax job and you should be fine.

·
SoyBoy
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply :) That's what I was thinking. I just don't want outline of the badge. Would be an eye sore if you could see one.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
May I ask what the purpose of debadging a car is? I'm serious, I've never quite understood why people do that... :donno:

·
SoyBoy
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No special reason. I think it makes the butt of the car look cleaner. If they painted the badges the same color of the car it would be alright. I'm not a big fan of chrome look on certain cars. On the TSX I'm not a big fan of the chrome door handles or grill but not so much that I wouldn't get the car.
My $0.02

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
I had debadged the TSX, now I have the Honda Badges on it...Debadging makes the car look cleaner, thats probibly the general concensis...From what I heard, the whole Idea was to run away from the cops. Suposigly by removing the badges from your car, The cops cant Identify your car on the radio as easy, guess this works best w/ cars w/ body kits, ect to the point in which is unidentifyible, just what i heard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts