Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
05 Acura TSX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo, i want to install a toggle switch on my dash for some led lights i put in. i want to install the switch in a specific spot but i dont know what i have to do to install the switch there.

I have a 2005 acura tsx and i want to install the toggle switch right next to the VSA button, any easy ways to get in behind that panel to do the wiring and drilling????

·
Registered
160 Posts
The whole panel comes out. If I remember correctly, I just used a flat head to pry it out. I drilled a hole in one of the dummy plates to put in a potentiometer to control the gain on my amp.

·
05 Acura TSX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive got it off now, now my only problem is removing all the extra plastic behind the dummy plate so my switch can fit in there. does anyone know of any replacement pieces you can buy that are maybe pre cut or just regular replacements if i ruin this one

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
I have a basic toggle switch (previous owner, no idea what it was for), in my panel. Want to swap? Straight up - you send me the blank scratch-free non-broken blank, I send you the toggle switch which is mounted in the blank and looks good/oem.

Let me know via PM.

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
I have a basic toggle switch (previous owner, no idea what it was for), in my panel. Want to swap? Straight up - you send me the blank scratch-free non-broken blank, I send you the toggle switch which is mounted in the blank and looks good/oem.

Let me know via PM.
If you need a blank one, I have extras. Let me know if you're in TO and want to pick it up.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
If you need a blank one, I have extras. Let me know if you're in TO and want to pick it up.
If you want to chuck it in the mail, that would be sweet! I'm about 4 hours away in Ottawa so it's not close enough to travel for a blank one ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had the same issue. I just took an exacto knife and hollowed it out. But it was easier for me because i only had to get the switch in dee enough for the knob on the pot to fit through.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.