Acura TSX Forum banner

Tokicos VS KYB's

4K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  psyk0tic808 
#1 ·
So my Struts are now blown because of the shitty lowering springs I got. I was warned to get struts asap but was kind of tight on cash so didnt. Putting stock springs back on confirmed that the struts are done. Now looking into getting either Tokicos or KYB's I'm not sure which ones are better though. I hear different things from different people, but havent heard anything from TSX people. I will be getting probably Skunk2 Lowering springs or Tein S or H techs. Which ones would be better for this combo.

#10 ·
^WORD!
The two you listed are both garbage. Go with Koni's or just save for some coilovers.

#5 ·
tokico blues sucked so bad on my car... it felt like i was riding on plastic wheels

#12 ·
I have Tokicos with Tein S Techs and the ride is pretty harsh as previously said. The ride is pretty stiff and bumpy. Going over decent sized bumps feel like death. Living in Cleveland, those pot holes and uneven surfaces can be very rough. Driving on surface that is soft and wavy like gave me a slight headache. I couldn't afford Konis and working on a tight budget, I went with the Tokicos and it does the job.

#20 ·
I had Tokico blues and I didn't really like them. They are manageable though, and the ride isn't absolute crap. I did eventually go Koni and it would have been wise of me to start with them. I know the price difference is major but its best to go Koni in from the start and save the headache.

Im sure either KYB and Tokico are both tolerable but if you have any desire for a nice ride you'll get over them quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.