Acura TSX Forum banner

601 - 620 of 697 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #603 ·
I got an update from Eibach that I won't be going back to work until mid July now. Taking this time to start on the CL7 roof skin swap.

Me and my friend Esteban started by drilling out all the spot welds on the blue CL7 roof first.

I probably should have saved the CL7 frame in case I needed anything else but I didn't want to take up the garage space.

I had a professional glass guy come out and pull the windshields so we could start center punching and drilling the spot welds. My lady helping with drilling while I take photos.

I trimmed the front beam to retain the bracket for the sunglasses holder and homelink. You can see on the CL7 frame I threw away that the bracket was welded on.

And finally a test fitting. It fits like a glove.

New center brace and bracket lines right up on the inner B pillar.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #610 ·
The local Pick-A-Part got in a 2006 TSX but unfortunately it had been there over a week so the K24 was already gone. I did score a few other parts while I was there off the TSX and a couple of things for my M3 and wagon.

I went off Eric [Brock]'s suggestion and scooped up the smoked inner tail lights. These are a different part number than the JDM inners he suggested but not sure if they're any different. These do look way better and for $30 I wish I had done it sooner.

And since the K24 was already yanked out of the 06 TSX at the junkyard it made it way to easy for me to scoop up that minty rear engine mount. Pretty sure mine is ripped so this will be a cheap, OEM replacement for when I put my K24 back in.

I also popped off a few of these dash button delete covers from a couple of Accords. Same as TSX. Now I don't have to look at a Sunroof-Button that won't be functional.

Lastly, my Unit2Fab oil pan finally came in from Canada. It sat in customs for weeks. They take a new OEM steel pan and weld in baffles with trap doors. I'm going to pair this with 4P K20 oil pump conversion or similar.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #613 ·
I got my TSX back from the paint shop last week and the guys did a great job.

I had ordered new windshield moldings and a few other parts from Acura I was still waiting on so I couldn't put my windows in just yet. I started making a list of parts to make a custom exhaust using the Spoon N1 muffler. I ended up driving to Burns Stainless in Costa Mesa and picked 5ft of 2.5" piping, a couple of 45° bends, V-Band clamps and a Vibrant Resonator i ordered on Amazon. I'm hoping to jump on this project soon!

A few days later my Acura parts came in along with a new clutch pedal I had ordered. My original clutch would make crunching noises and gave me inconsistency in pedal pressure. I had always suspected a cracked clutch pedal and sure enough it was. The pedal comes out in about 5 minutes and I could see the crack right away once it was out. The new pedal is and the TSX drives like a new car again.

And finally, the windshield guy came over yesterday to glue my windows back in. I got the Euro R headliner installed along with the rest of the interior I removed to do the roof swap.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks great man! That exhaust setup is gonna be awesome as well...I'm currently debating on how to make my 3" quieter I already have 400 cell cat, vibrant ultra quiet, into a ktuned turn down and still is loud but in a good way haha

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
J-Spec
406 Posts
Sweet!

Can't tell from the pic, did one of the spot welds give way on your clutch pedal assembly?

That exhaust will sound great on the track, but it will be very loud. Light throttle will still be
loud and drone, so hang on to your stock exhaust.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #617 ·
Sweet!

Can't tell from the pic, did one of the spot welds give way on your clutch pedal assembly?

That exhaust will sound great on the track, but it will be very loud. Light throttle will still be
loud and drone, so hang on to your stock exhaust.
The metal started cracking around the edge of where nut mounted the clutch to the chassis. I'm guessing this allowed the assembly to flex way more than it should giving inconsistent pedal pressure.

I wouldn't mind the Spoon being loud on track but definitely keeping the stock exhaust. I actually swapped out my stock exhaust last week with one from a 2006+. The piping is a few millimeters bigger on the 06+ and it was in way better shape than mine.

·
J-Spec
406 Posts
You definitely got some mileage out of the original clutch pedal.

At some point I may redo my exhaust system, which means the existing system will become
available. It should sound better than anything you've heard on a K-series :cool:.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It's probably close to 50 lbs in weight savings. The sunroof cassette is pretty heavy itself.

did you consider just putting sheet metal in the sunroof opening and ditching the glass and motor? I imagine most of the weight is in those 2 pieces. would love to shed some weight on mine, maybe a fixed lexan window and keep the cover since my kids like to look out the sunroof when we drive.

601 - 620 of 697 Posts