Acura TSX Forum banner

601 - 612 of 612 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #603
I got an update from Eibach that I won't be going back to work until mid July now. Taking this time to start on the CL7 roof skin swap.

Me and my friend Esteban started by drilling out all the spot welds on the blue CL7 roof first.

I probably should have saved the CL7 frame in case I needed anything else but I didn't want to take up the garage space.

I had a professional glass guy come out and pull the windshields so we could start center punching and drilling the spot welds. My lady helping with drilling while I take photos.

I trimmed the front beam to retain the bracket for the sunglasses holder and homelink. You can see on the CL7 frame I threw away that the bracket was welded on.

And finally a test fitting. It fits like a glove.

New center brace and bracket lines right up on the inner B pillar.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #610
The local Pick-A-Part got in a 2006 TSX but unfortunately it had been there over a week so the K24 was already gone. I did score a few other parts while I was there off the TSX and a couple of things for my M3 and wagon.

I went off Eric [Brock]'s suggestion and scooped up the smoked inner tail lights. These are a different part number than the JDM inners he suggested but not sure if they're any different. These do look way better and for $30 I wish I had done it sooner.

And since the K24 was already yanked out of the 06 TSX at the junkyard it made it way to easy for me to scoop up that minty rear engine mount. Pretty sure mine is ripped so this will be a cheap, OEM replacement for when I put my K24 back in.

I also popped off a few of these dash button delete covers from a couple of Accords. Same as TSX. Now I don't have to look at a Sunroof-Button that won't be functional.

Lastly, my Unit2Fab oil pan finally came in from Canada. It sat in customs for weeks. They take a new OEM steel pan and weld in baffles with trap doors. I'm going to pair this with 4P K20 oil pump conversion or similar.

601 - 612 of 612 Posts