Acura TSX Forum banner

621 - 627 of 627 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
gotcha. now that i'm looking at it closer i think the roof skin swap is probably less work than welding in a filler piece for the removed sunroof glass, especially since it probably has a curve to it that would be a nightmare to match with my limited tools. Have you considered replacing the seats? lots of weight to be shed there, and i am hoping you can help us find a proper way to keep the airbags working properly with the JDM Euro R seats in a USDM TSX. Best method i've seen so far is gutting a stock passenger seat and hiding all the sensors the TSX is looking for.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #622
When I go to the track I remove the back seats and swap in my Momo buckets with PCI rails. All the air bags in my car have been removed completely.

I do like the Euro R rear seats but I'd likely put a Pole Position or something similar up front when the time comes. I have to steal the Momos out of my M3 everytime I want to use them for the TSX. :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Car is looking fantastic! I found your thread about two weeks ago when a friend offered me his 07 6 speed and I started to ponder the TSX in company with the 07-09 Sis I was looking at.. I bought it last week and am picking it up next weekend. Happy to be back in a Honda, bought a 99 Si new. Loved that little car. I plan to have the TSX live a similar life to yours. Back road fun car/ HPDRE car. Hope you don't mind me taking some inspiration from you. I have been really impressed with what you and some others have done and I am very excited to start playing with my own TSX.

621 - 627 of 627 Posts