701 - 711 of 711 Posts

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I see you run stock air box. Last g&g video on k24 shows how important is velocity stack on intake and keeping intake short with least amounts of elbows. So i designed this one for stock air box for 3d printing.
Air is channeled from front of the bumper to a hole just under the intake, where resonator connection elbow used to be ,straight to the v. Stack.
Dont know whats your exact setup but this might be useful.
Just it is 32mm instead of 60 mm length for the 78mm part and it fits like its factory part.
Its on my cl9 box.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #709 ·
I see you run stock air box. Last g&g video on k24 shows how important is velocity stack on intake and keeping intake short with least amounts of elbows. So i designed this one for stock air box for 3d printing.
Air is channeled from front of the bumper to a hole just under the intake, where resonator connection elbow used to be ,straight to the v. Stack.
Dont know whats your exact setup but this might be useful.
Just it is 32mm instead of 60 mm length for the 78mm part and it fits like its factory part.
Its on my cl9 box.
I'm using the CTE air box from HeelToe which is very similar to what you came up with. It replaces the factory lower resonator with a scoop that pulls cold air from behind the bumper.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Kowalski,
Super cool 3d printing parts! Why did you decide not to place the velocity stack a few inches down under the tray so it has access to cooler air?

·
Registered
2 Posts
@tr3flip oke sory for my ignorance 😁
Kowalski,
Super cool 3d printing parts! Why did you decide not to place the velocity stack a few inches down under the tray so it has access to cooler air?
Because its loosing power, more piping more power you will loose and nobody tested that until now on GG channel (
starts at 10min) . I got into argument with people so I had to test it their way. Just tested it relocated and gained 0.5sec from 60-140kmh on 3dr gear pull and intake got soo quiet now, sounds like stock with resonator.
Vent is cut out so there is fresh air coming in. Before this there was a pipe channeling fresh air from vent to intake so it already had cold air. But to be fair it was 10celsius warmer and a bit more humid so ill give it one more shot when air cools down a bit.

Attachments

701 - 711 of 711 Posts