Acura TSX Forum banner
721 - 726 of 726 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #721 ·
How are you liking Austin so far?
I didn't. Moved back to California in March.

I love this car. Are you going to keep the stock exhaust stuff on the car for good? If not, have you put any thought into what you'd get next?
The stock exhaust will stay on for a while until I decide to track it again when it cools down. I'll likely just replace the flex-pipe with something designed to hold up better.

Loving the progress on your TSX.

·
-
1,750 Posts
Update:

I'm back in California and with the TSX again. I drove it around for a couple of days when I got back before realizing the flex pipe I had added to my exhaust broke. So I've detuned the car a bit for street use and put the stock header and exhaust back on the car.

Thanks for the update and pics!

I'm not familiar with those bellows type flex pipes.
It's mounted a bit too far back but I don't think that's the issue.

What engine/transmission mounts are you running? Is there an aftermarket torque arm on the engine?
Perhaps the engine is moving around too much causing flex pipe failure?

Reactions: Brock and tr3flip

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #723 ·
What engine/transmission mounts are you running? Is there an aftermarket torque arm on the engine?
Perhaps the engine is moving around too much causing flex pipe failure?
I have stock mounts and no ETD. It for sure broke from engine torque and Vibrant doesn't recommend this type of flex pipe for what I'm using it for. Will probably get the mesh design next and hope for the best.

·
J-Spec
420 Posts
Vibrant TurboFlex is what you want. Also, you really want some VibraTechnics engine mounts. They are rubber and won't be harsh like urethane mounts. I have custom engine mounts using the same rubber inserts that VT uses. It's the perfect setup. Reduced engine movement, but acceptable NVH.

Looking forward to more updates!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Vibrant TurboFlex is what you want. Also, you really want some VibraTechnics engine mounts. They are rubber and won't be harsh like urethane mounts. I have custom engine mounts using the same rubber inserts that VT uses. It's the perfect setup. Reduced engine movement, but acceptable NVH.
Does the VT front mount retain the vaccum controlled feature?

721 - 726 of 726 Posts