Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone got a couple questions.

I am looking into getting the Enkei RSV rims for my MR. Just curious if ya'll think this would look ok or would it be too much. I am not a racer, but I want something besides the stock rims on my car.

Also on looking into getting cold air intake. Anyone have this already? Can you notice a difference? Just curious before I go drop couple hundred dollors on one if there is a noticeable change in hp.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
I think they would look awesome!
What color are you thinking about getting?
Also, the CAI works great with the TSX :nod: Most here agree that the Injen CAI is the way to go :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
um...most of the people on this board, prob have at least a CAI... the two id recomend are Injen and K&N...there not too expensive, there both under 200$....K&N Claims a 10 hp, 10 ft pounds difference, w/ Injen Claiming simular Results,

Enkei RSV's are these right

Those art Blingbling...should be fine...attcually those will look pritty good now that I think about it...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts

bored...so did a quickie Photoshop of those rims on a MR...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the photo!!

Look nice I think. Also looks like you will see the entire braking system? That would defintly be different than the stock rims.

Oh and to answer Joker's question. Going with the silver.

I think 10hp difference with a CAI would be worth it!!!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
KeninTX said:
Oh and to answer Joker's question. Going with the silver.

I think 10hp difference with a CAI would be worth it!!!
Sweet! :thumbsup:

And you wont be disappointed with the CAI ;)

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
u wont be disappointed with the CAI but u might notice a drop in MPG..hehe

actually i'm pretty sure u will!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Ya.... i heard that you lose torque under 3k rpm..... when u have CAI....

G

·
I'm picking up my red one in two days so I'm really interested in wheels but if you are asking for opinions, here is my two cents worth......to much rice bling! The wheel itself is nice except for the extra holes and bling center cap. It would look ok on a honda civic but doesn't fit the TSX. I hope that helps.

IB

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Benz_05TSX said:
Ya.... i heard that you lose torque under 3k rpm..... when u have CAI....
No, Thats Highly Inacurate... the CAI is good all around, The Majority of the TSX's Emissions are on the Resanator/Airbox, and the Catalitic Converter, This wont be enough to make ur car no longer legal...But It loosens it up alot...The Car Feels Great, Pickup is slightly improved (Very Improved on Really Really cold days) ...and After 3k, It sounds like a bat outta hell... A Highly Recomended And Great Modification, If u do nothing else, at least do this

·
9,175 Posts
Hahhaa........thanks man......guess my friend is wrong...

Because he told me...CAI make you lose toruqe unda 3k......but the boxes (like the stock and the Mugen) makes a all around gain~

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for you opinion NACHOB. The rice look is not what I want. That was the reason I posted this question origianly. Any other ideas on a great looking rim that would set the car apart from others but not be 'over the top' I guess you could say.

Also looking at K&N intake. It seems to be cheaper than the Injen plus I like the option of choosing the color. I think the red(of course) one would look great!!

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get the inJen CAI, with the piping in black? with red lettering?

i've seen it on a TSX before, just can't find it again.

G

·
Kenin, I totally feel your pain.....I'm in the same boat right now. I want a quality wheel that has a performance benefit (weight savings, strenght) but looks a little sportier than the blah Honda Accordish wheels on it right now. My car is red also. So far I have found two wheels from PIAA that look really nice in the picture but I can't find one in real life to look at. They are the PIAA FR-S and the other one is called the Sport Mesh. They look sharp. The problem is that they come in a diamond black which is like Charcoal which is too dark for the red with all the chrome moulding but the FR-S is offered in silver. It looks dark in the picture too but I want to see one up close. The nice thing about the PIAA wheels is that they are a good value, Japanese quality and hub centric (As far as I can tell from the online specs) In case you're a newbie, hub centric means you don't need hub adapters to fit them. While most people are OK with Hub adapters, I still believe a wheel that is bored to the right size hub is better than one with adapters. I spent several years involved in IMSA GTP racing and I never saw a real race car with hub adapters, though eveyone in the wheel business says it's just as good.

There are a lot of really nice wheels out there but lot of them have the "too many hole" problem. To me wheels that have more holes than the car's lug nuts look cheap. Originally, the reason those wheels had so many holes was that they were being sold by Pep Boys and Kragen and had extra holes so that one wheel could fit 4 lug and 5 lug patterns. Then somehow, it became cool to have too many holes. For a car as classy as the TSX, the wheel should have only as many holes as needed.

PIAA FR-S link

PIAA Sport Mesh

Please let me know what you find and decide on and I will too. If you find something nice, send me a picture to help me solve my dilemma and I will do the same. Also take a look at Enkei, they have a Mesh wheel that looks pretty nice.

Also Nakayama has one called the 6-Speed that is also nice.

Nakayama 6 Speed

Finally, there one wheel which is a might be a little too "racy" for the TSX but I think it's pretty cool anyway, its called the G-Games 77S
G-Games 77S

Hope to hear back from you.

Ignacio Barragan

AKA
Nacho

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
speaking of rims..i saw a set of the TSW Volcanos on a SSM on another site..looks like pure sex to me

here is a link to a fitment guide for the TSX

sorta reminds me of the g-games 77 wolf which is ALSO pure sex..:drool:

·
9,175 Posts
Hey nachob..... I was looking for a sport mesh gun metal rims too.... Now the PIAA is one of my other choices. To tell you the truth, if you want light weight and strength, you should go for a 5 spoke rims....and not the mesh look. TE37 by Volks is supposed to be VERYlight, many members got it too....and it comes in many colors.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts