Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
The good-

I can't say if it will fit on an 08 or not but I received mine and I gotta say I'm quite satisfied with it. People keep making the statement that CAI are loud while SRI are quiet. I'm not sure if its because of more sound resonation in the "power chamber" but it creates ALOT of noise when you get on it. It's a good noise too. When you get on it at 2k rpms and let it climb, it starts off sounding like ITBs (or perhaps one giant ITB lol) and once it climbs higher up, it just screams. I've noticed a bit better throttle response and a little more power/torque steer around the twisties. Nothing substantial but definitely makes 1st/2nd gear more fun (my mpg this tank is going to suck lol). If you are looking into SRI, I'd suggest this.

-the install was stupid easy

-fitment was good

-dude, it's JDM! :rice:

- you can't beat the price. Considering the Apex'i is about $160 from heeltoe, I think you are getting great value.

Downsides-

-the hose they include to lengthen one of the vacuum lines is a bit wider in diameter than I'd like so it doesn't produce a super snug fit. I re-used two clamps from the OEM intake to secure both ends.

- I was hoping that the intake pipe that was welded to the power chamber would be flush so that you would get a little venturi/ smooth surface from the bottom of the power chamber to the pipe. there is a slight overlap and if it really bothered someone, they could always grind it down smooth on a venturi.

- the intake piping gets a bit warm after a long drive, I may invest in a throttle body spacer to see if it brings the temp down or a heatwrap.

·
Alberto Acosta - 808TSXer
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm.. i own an APEXi sri currently, and im looking into an Injen cai/sri

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
You can't really go wrong with the Injen. A lot of members have it and are satisfied with it. I just wanted to try something else and be a little different.

·
Registered
427 Posts
should fit an 08 okay.. put a injen CAI on it... as long as you take the airbox on it's fine.. xD what's the difference from it being an 08?

·
From here to there.
90 Posts

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
Just when I want to order it's no longer available errr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts