Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have an 04 TsX, theres deffinetly some type of top speed limiter in the car, cant seen to get her over barely 120..? Is there a way to remove the governor or something?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
hmmm idk of one. i have done 140+. Not recommended.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
I've done over 135, then it cut off but I was not looking at the speedo to see where exactly it did. Last time I peeped down was over 135.

Disclaimer: Stunt was performed on a closed course in Mexico :ninja:

·
Registered
714 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I don't think that there's a top speed limiter, I've done 130 (210km/h) with room still to go.

·
Registered
714 Posts
ive only ever gone to 120 mph and it was still pulling

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
no limiter in USDM Honda ECUs, if there was a limiter it would fuel cut at 112mph.

Is the car stock? I hit 120 without any effort at all, on a closed course in Germany of course :laugh:

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
So wth did I feel? It felt like some sort of fuel cut off and then I just let go. Damnit you guys! Gonna make me go to Mexico again :squint:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Sounds like a lack of power

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
976 Posts
There is a limiter.. I've hit a limiter at about 142-144 mph in 5th and in 6th gear when I had a reflash. I have gone about 155 mph and haven't hit a limiter since my build and it felt like it still wanted to keep going.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Perhaps you were low on blinker fluid?

haha sorry just messin. I'm wondering if a sensor felt like you were getting low oil pressure and decided to back off.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
So wth did I feel? It felt like some sort of fuel cut off and then I just let go. Damnit you guys! Gonna make me go to Mexico again :squint:
After my kpro I have made the needle go past 155, It could be alot of things, but if it feels like its breaking up your injectors could be clogged a bit. If you know what a fuel cut sounds like and feels like than I would say to run until a 1/4 of gas the use some seafoam. Could be a million other things

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
There is a limiter.. I've hit a limiter at about 142-144 mph in 5th and in 6th gear when I had a reflash. I have gone about 155 mph and haven't hit a limiter since my build and it felt like it still wanted to keep going.
155? that's intense

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay yeah wasnt sure if that was normal pr anything; im sure ive gone over 120 and just not realized, speed freak here:) haha but alright just wasnt sure if there was any kind ofimiter. Ahe has about 120,000 miles now so i guess she could use a tune upl of some sort. Yeah just an intake on it now so pretty much stock. I wanna supercharge her very badly though, just need to save some big $$$$ first Lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Most Acuras dont have limiters/governors on speed, you just have to keep an eye on the tachometer so that it doesn't reach high rpms in redline because you can hit the rpm limiter if you are going too fast in a low gea
After about 220 km you have to stay in 6th. If on fifth on that speed the rpm limiter kicks in.

Basing my accounts from the track on a 2011 stock tsx, 6spd manual

1 - 20 of 20 Posts