Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I'm heading over to GTA for the weekend and will be driving there.

What are some places you'd recommend me going to?? I already know the gf will want to hit Pacific mall but I'd love to see what else there is to do besides shopping and eating Asian stuff. Is there a bar street or party area in GTA?

Thanks in advance!
-transit

·
So many options and shit
356 Posts
wonderland.... dave and busters... dude there are alot depends on what youre looking for... lots of restaurants in the vaughn area ... downtown toronto is great too

·
Registered
657 Posts

What are some places you'd recommend me going to?? I already know the gf will want to hit Pacific mall but I'd love to see what else there is to do besides shopping and eating Asian stuff. Is there a bar street or party area in GTA?

Thanks in advance!
-transit
Hey man,

GTA has some great attractions, it really comes down to what you want to do. As far as party areas/bar streets go you've got pretty much both of those situated in little parts all around downtown GTA. So our entertainment district or clubbing district is situated in between Spadina to Queen St North, University Ave, and King. Depends on your taste of music and crowd. Cant go wrong by checking out John and Adelaide/ Richmond and Simcoe.

Here's a link to a map, not sure how accurate it is in terms of clubs still there/in existence Map of Toronto's Club District

Outside of that though check out our little districts we have going on.

Little Italy on College has some nice lounges/patios (given that the weather has gotten so much better) -- your GF would probably enjoy this a lot, that and Yorkville (lots of boutiques and higher-end lounges). You've got Bloor West, well known for a few bars. Check out the Distillery District too if anything, lots to do there.

Like I said though, it really depends on what you want catered to you. Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip.

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, typically if I go to a new city, I'd love to experience local stuff. So my ideal night plan is to try a Hole-in-the-wall restaurant for dinner, explore downtown on foot or car, hit the entertainment district with decent lounge/bar/clubs, and call it a night.

And also would love to check out the mod scene in GTA so hopefully a place near Markham?

And Thanks for all your responses!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts

Thanks in advance!
-transit
Other cool things are the CN Tower, Square One (I believe it's the biggest mall in Ontario and second in Canada), Eaton Centre (another mall LOL), Toronto Zoo, Canada's Wonderland (amusement park), High Park, Toronto Island (and the waterfront), Science Centre and so on.

As for bars and stuff you'll find a good amount on Queen and Yonge Street. I'm only 18 so hopefully someone else will chime in on that one.

City of Toronto, Attractions

·
Registered
657 Posts
Well, typically if I go to a new city, I'd love to experience local stuff. So my ideal night plan is to try a Hole-in-the-wall restaurant for dinner, explore downtown on foot or car, hit the entertainment district with decent lounge/bar/clubs, and call it a night.

And also would love to check out the mod scene in GTA so hopefully a place near Markham?

And Thanks for all your responses!
Local stuff/attractions/restaurants check out blogTO | Toronto blog

Just choose the type of food etc... you want and it'll list locations and recommendations. Really great site, I've used it many times as well and haven't had any regrets.

Modscene, just drive around Markham and your bound to see some nice cars. If you want more of a tuner scene, go check out Woodbridge (specifically Keele and Highway 7) on any given night (Fri-Sun) theres a whole array of crazy cars. Lot of immature kids too with nice cars, so be careful haha.

·
So many options and shit
356 Posts
for the mod scene... if youre coming this weekend, there is stretch and poke going on this sunday at Downsview & You | Downsview Park and as for the car mod tuning scene shop place things and all that fun stuff lol Nextmod- theyre huge here in ontario:

check them and their cars out on sat. theyre in markham

Nextmod Headquarters

290 York Tech Drive Unit 27

Markham Ontario

Canada L6G 0A7

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, guys! That would give me plenty to do! I went last time and really enjoyed Toronto, but I was in a rush and didn't plan well so that's why this time I really want to get the full experience. Hopefully I will be able to find a nice lounge with a killer-view patio of the city at Little Italy on College!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Thanks, guys! That would give me plenty to do! I went last time and really enjoyed Toronto, but I was in a rush and didn't plan well so that's why this time I really want to get the full experience. Hopefully I will be able to find a nice lounge with a killer-view patio of the city at Little Italy on College!
If you want a crazy ass view of Toronto, check out Panorama. On the pricey side, wouldnt recommend eating there as the foods not the best. Great place for having some drinks with the ladies.

PANORAMA

Enjoy!

·
Registered
96 Posts
If going Downtown, I suggest visiting a local mall like Yorkdale first and parking there. Take the bus downtown as parking is very expensive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts