Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Akreay
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I totalled my front end on the right side, I rear ended a truck and went under w/ the passenger side. Shop price is $10,000 to fix but others told me it would be about 2 to 3 grand if I bought my own parts. My motor is in perfect condition as well. Can anyone let me know what parts I may need and how much it would be to fix? A new front end, new frame, etc.. Will post pics later. I want pricing on how much parts would be and have my bf do all the labor. Please let me know! Thanks.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
without seeing it in person (much less super detailed pics) its going to be hard to give estimates online.

FYI, there might be more involved than just replacing parts visible to the eye (i.e rad support). Also, the naked eye cannot tell if there is frame damage/need to straighten the frame. That costs alot. And normally, the car is never the same (at least from an alignment perspective).

Just a heads up, good luck.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You should just have the place you took it to print out the estimate. That way you will have a list of all the parts that needs to be repaired/replaced.

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
You should just have the place you took it to print out the estimate. That way you will have a list of all the parts that needs to be repaired/replaced.
+1, and also did your airbag deploy? When I crashed my car, the shop's estimate's about 40% comes from replacing airbag.

·
Akreay
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well parts + labor was about 10grand. I got back the money from my insurance but also bought my car back for $600. So I'm contemplating on whether I should fix it or not because a few people had said the damages aren't as bad as it looks.. But I need the pricing on just parts. Here are some pics..

Thank you!

I'm willing to take better pictures because it's currently in my yard right now..

·
TSX Noob
56 Posts
Well parts + labor was about 10grand. I got back the money from my insurance but also bought my car back for $600. So I'm contemplating on whether I should fix it or not because a few people had said the damages aren't as bad as it looks.. But I need the pricing on just parts. Here are some pics..

Thank you!

I'm willing to take better pictures because it's currently in my yard right now..
the good thing is that you seem to be fine

the bad thing is that its gonna be expensive

dont forget that insurance compagny dont want to pay, they'll do all they can to rebuilt. Most of the time, its the labor that will get you the "totalled" mention from them.

for you, maybe not 10 because u'll save on labor but more than 2-3 i would say probably around 5000 or 6000$.

as stated previously that car handling might never be the same again + its really hard to see the frame from thoses pictures, well its hard to see on a picture.

my personnal opinion would be to go hunt for a new ride and sell parts that are still in good condition but first, try to get the 10 grand estimated cost report ur insurance gave you

good luck

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
Dam ... Looks like the frame needs repairing too... I say sell the parts thats in good condition and buy yourself a new ride

·
Registered
332 Posts
Dam ... Looks like the frame needs repairing too... I say sell the parts thats in good condition and buy yourself a new ride

This, with that wheel pushed back its not gonna drive right again without some serious work. If you got the space part it out, if not, then junk it. I'm sure some russian in your area will rebuild it. Throw it up online for a few grand and see if you can get anyone to bite and save you some trouble. Parting will take a while and involve a lot of shipping.

·
Boosting 24/7
3,085 Posts
Glad you're okay; sucks about the car; and what everyone else said, you might be better off just parting it out and looking for a new ride.

·
Registered
332 Posts
FYI about insurance quotes (speaking form experience cause i just did this with another car). The quotes they give is for a VISUAL inspection only. That doesn't count things that may be found along the way once they tear into the car. So your list may get MUCH bigger once you pull the damaged stuff off. Like the other persons insurance didn't account for the wheel well damage on ours, yet our adjuster did. That piece alone was a $5k shift in the repairs and ended up totaling it out.

·
CERTIFIED JDM KING
2,207 Posts
its sad to see tsx in that form:( but glad you got out okay:). time to forget this and move on with something better! good luck.

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
Maybe you can find an 07-08 for a good price. Glad ur okay.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Good thing you're okay. I say part it out and get a fun/daily driver.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts