Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tottenham's build

So its about that time to get my project thread going...

Heres the plan:

-Full race turbo kit twin scroll
-Custom 3.5 inch straight out, hood dumped dual waste gates
-Custom Hayward Performance twin fuel rail intake manifold
-Twin disk clutch
-8x ID injectors 2000
-LSD
-k20a2 head, Supertech valvetrain, DragCartel 2.2 Cams
-Motec m800
-ERL Sleeved k24a2 block, Manley turbo rods, CP 10:1 pistons, stock crank
-DSS 5.9 axles
-PPG 5 speed dog box

My Goal: Minimum is 900.

Base Dyno: Post #8

Intake mani and TB: Post# 14

Head, and block arriving: Post #19

Cams, and Fuel system arrived: Post #29

Valvetrain parts arrived: Post #36

Disassembled Head: Post #40

OEM parts, HPT guide, Head sent out: Post #47

Canton Racing Oil pan arrived: Post #71

4Piston Racing ported head arrived: Post #72

Turbo Parts: Post #84

Intake mani: Post #102

Bought a daily: Post #120

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good Luck. Pretty sure you will get more #'s than what you're excepting
Im going with a 60mm Tial Atmospheric Wastegate, its basically going to open the second I put my foot down. I only want to run 10psi on a stock bottom end.

Really excited for this I should have the turbo kit near the end of the summer:)

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
Video isnt working..

Sounds like a good set up.

·
My car whines...alot
809 Posts
So its about that time to get my project thread going...

Heres the plan:

-Full race turbo kit with 57 trim turbo
-Js Racing single outlet exhaust
-Full return full system running E85
-Twin disk clutch
-RC injectors 1500+
-LSD
-TE37s 18x8
-Full port matched a2 or z1 head, fully built with supertech parts
-Tuned with Kpro dual harness
-stock a2 Block running at 10psi with effective compression of 19:1

My Goal: 400whp, This is easily attainable but with a DD and a stock block I need it to be safe, once im done with school Ill get another car and build the block and crank the boost. Ill post up some photos soon!

Base Dyno: Post #8
For 400whp you definitely don't need anywhere near 1500cc injectors. I'm running 725cc @ 75% duty cycle and pushing 350whp on a stock fuel system. The problem with running injectors that large is they're harder to keep consistent at idle so you may have a bit of a rough idle. I'd say you wouldn't have to go any higher than 1000cc for your power goals.

Also, you might want to consider running Bosch injectors of RCs. I've been told by numerous tuners that they are easier to tune with as they have a better spray pattern which atomizes fuel much better than RCs, thus giving you a more consistent flow rate when tuning.

What would be even better is if you converted to a return fuel system. That would give you instant and a more consistent fuel pressure compared to our stock returnless system and allow you to push even more power safely if you ever decide to down the road.

·
Registered
856 Posts
What would be even better is if you converted to a return fuel system. That would give you instant and a more consistent fuel pressure compared to our stock returnless system and allow you to push even more power safely if you ever decide to down the road.
Yes.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im going to be running e85 so I need the bigger injectors. I will be running a return system as well. Im completely throwing out the stock system and building my own custom fuel setup.

Im not set on RC injectors, I see alot of the k guys running them but Im always researching so at this point its not set in stone. But the Injectors have to be capable of e85

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Mmmm rbc intake...me want! Good luck w build!

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Finally got my custom cold air intake, took some time but the difference is huge I had to aad 5% fuel across my WOT columns. my IATS dropped quite a bit as well at speed my temps are only about 5 degrees warmer than the outside air.

Im currently dead even with a turbo Scion TC which is running 8psi on an auto trans, so pretty happy with how she's running so far but im only half way to my power goal :p

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
wow looking good man! haven't checked out your car for a while and damn its coming along nicely!

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A little update: ERL sleeved k24a2 block came in, as well has my k20a2 head, The head is being sent off to 4pistion racing in a few days.

ERL block has cp 10.1 pistons, manley turbo rods, stock crank, acl race bearings.

700+ monster should be coming soon :)

1 - 20 of 132 Posts