Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently came across a smallish boat, about 16 feet long w a 15 hp motor. im not sure of the exact weight of the boat/trailer but its def at least a few hundred pounds. upon doing a lil research i found that the towing capacity of my 05 tsx was 1000 lbs ( is this right?). i was wondering if i would be able to tow this boat and if it would be bad for my car atall?

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
I can only find towing capacity specs for 07+ TSXs, although I remember in the manual for my 06, towing specs were provided as well.

If it is 1,000 lbs, you need to remember that that amount includes the weight of you, your passengers, and the cargo in the trunk. So, if you are driving alone and you weigh 200 lbs, you can only tow 800 lbs.

I think the boat trailer itself will put you close to the limit. You're better off renting a truck from u-haul or something and using that to tow the boat for you.

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
If an S2K can do it, you can too! :squint:

The s2k isn't rated for towing. Any car can pull/tow things, but unless it is designed to be able to tow, the car may be damaged by towing more than it should.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts