Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Reports coming out of Germany say that Toyota’s chief test driver, 67 year old Hiromu Naruse, has died in a collision involving the Lexus LFA Nurburgring prototype.

Reports state that Naruse, a Toyota employee since 1967, lost control of the LFA and swerved into the oncoming lane and collided with a BMW driven by two BMW test-drivers. While the BMW test-drivers survived, Naruse died on the spot.

Naruse is also Akio Toyoda’s personal driver and the creator of the LFA.

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
damn.... sad story...however that guy died doing what he was passionate about, notice they left out the speeds....

i couldnt think of a much better way to go..... doing 180mph on the autobahn followed by an instant "lights out"

sucks... that LFA commercial on tv gives me the chills everytime i see it

·
Not JDM
1,893 Posts
Sad to hear! But does that mean that it isnt a safe car, or was it because of age...?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
rip

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AirBags

But does that mean that it isnt a safe car, or was it because of age...?
There are no real details yet so hard to say but I would like to think that the car is relatively safe by gov't standards.

Seems likely that since this was testing on the 'Ring, this is the result of spirited driving. Others seem to think that @ his age, he may have had a heart attack while driving ...

Something to note tho: the BMW's airbags deflated but I see no signs of any in the Lexus @ that camera angle ....

·
Registered
95 Posts
RIP!

This is very sad! I would not consider the road the accident occurred on a highway; it’s just a 40mph country road that takes you to the Nürburgring. It did not happen on the Nürburgring or the Autobahn.

This is really crazy!

·
Registered
184 Posts
it probably didn't have the Toyota 5 star safety features...RIP

1 - 18 of 18 Posts