Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been considering a base level A4 1.8T for the advantage of AWD here in New England, but as a former Integra owner I am now hooked on TSX (Absolutely love Acura). Can somebudy tell me how a FWD with VSA and traction control will handle in, say 3-6" of snow? My experiences with FWD have never included any type of traction control systems and I am just curious how big a drop in foul weather traction the TSX would be vs. A4. Thanks for the info...this is my first post.

·
Registered
42 Posts
V6 vs 4 cylinder, power vs torque

What is the difference of having a 4 cylinder to produce the same HP & torque as an V6 ?

Does it overload the engine?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
v6 will make less noice and yes v6 u wont overload the engine as much as on a 4 cylinder car thats why we see those honda civics making so much noice when they add a few mods to their car..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Acura's target for its line:

For those who are in their teenage years ---> walk
For those who are in their early 20s ---> RSX
For those who are in their late 20s to 30s --> TSX
For those who are in their late 30s ---> TL
For those who are in their 40s ---> RL
For those who are in their 50s ---> MDX
For those who are in their 60s ---> RSX-Type S

Attachments

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Bugs said:
Acura's target for its line:

For those who are in their teenage years ---> walk
For those who are in their early 20s ---> RSX
For those who are in their late 20s to 30s --> TSX
For those who are in their late 30s ---> TL
For those who are in their 40s ---> RL
For those who are in their 50s ---> MDX
For those who are in their 60s ---> RSX-Type S
I think you got them all right except the type s rsx hehe :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
traction of TSX

Sorry about the delay in responding. A TSX in all but the very worst of winter conditions should be able to get you around just fine with a set of dedicated winter tires. Easy on the throttle and good judgment usually equates to a safe journey. Would AWD or 4WD be an advantage in the worst of the worst? Steep hills that you have to start out on the incline? Sure! But I've seen my share of AWD etc in the ditch because they thought they were invincible using regular tires, poor judgment, and excess speed for the conditions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts