Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Ebony interior witht the chrome dash trim.

I am looking for anyone with "2004 Parchment Interior + Nav"
interested in trading the "dash trim kit" - this includes the plastic wood/chrome pieces and the Nav/Audio/HVAC panel.

It's very easy to remove those items and I will provide the instructions from the service manual.

* mods: This is not likely to receive any responses for a while - can i have it stickied ? thanks

B

·
0 Posts
I have the parchment interior and might be interested I dont have navi but I belive it is still the same.

Hit me up if interested

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
so u want to trade ur black int for someone's parc int? and rip out the silver from ur
car and put it in the new parch?

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
i don't think anyone has been sucessfull at installing the TSX navi in to a non-NAVI tsx... but corect me if i'm please i want to know how>?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
there r ppl in the other forum .. sucessfully installed their new stock NAVI into their none navi TSX .. ~ he even made a pic thread with explaination .. ~

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
coltsicehockey said:
wait you want to swap your entire black interior for the grey interior.
:nono:
oh no.

Only the silver-trim pieces and the Nav panel (not the whole dash ! - not necessary !)

the reason I indicted "2004 Parchment Interior + Nav" is because only the parchment interior comes with wood-trim, afaik.

Panel removal:

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
robert_tg said:
:nono:
oh no.

Only the silver-trim pieces and the Nav panel (not the whole dash ! - not necessary !)

the reason I indicted "2004 Parchment Interior + Nav" is because only the parchment interior comes with wood-trim, afaik.

Panel removal:

Oh no I am not looking for that I thought you ment the black enterior for the grey interior as I have been looking for ebony interior in junkyards for a while.

·
The Peoples Champ
609 Posts
why not just do this....

www.acuraautomotiveparts.org

put in your TSX

use the Instrument Panel drop down

and every part that is "high metal" ( or whatever u want)

unclip your parts... replace with the new ones

than just ebay your wood ones to recoup some funds

:fro:

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Type X said:
why not just do this....
well sure, if money is not a factor one can get anything right quick.

This baby will cost SOOOO much I might as well trade for a 2006.

I am not desperate so I think a trade is best.

·
The Peoples Champ
609 Posts
robert_tg said:
well sure, if money is not a factor one can get anything right quick.

This baby will cost SOOOO much I might as well trade for a 2006.

I am not desperate so I think a trade is best.

but you said all you want to do is remove your wood trim
and put in the high metal

are you saying you want to swap your navi units too? :donno:

cause i dont think that the wood trim on the lower part is part of the navi unit

i've seen just the screen navi from the tsx on ebay

·
Registered
634 Posts
Guys. It's just not that hard to understand. He wants to swap the METAL trim bits from his grey or black interior for somebody's FAKE WOOD trim bits from a Nav car with a parchment interior. This isn't rocket science.

If I had a parchment interior I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I don't like the fake wood, so I didn't buy one. But to each his own.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Interesting. I wonder how this would look. Did I mention I have Parchment with NAVI? ;) Also, I think Type X's advice is pretty good. Does a trim kit really cost that much?

·
818TSX
231 Posts
i like the wood trim but i hate the parchment...hard to maintain...but if someone was to trade the wood trim off of there dash then it looks stupid cause then they still have it on the doors and then nowhere else...did you think of that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts