Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll be trading in the wife's TSX in the next couple of weeks (she's finally decided on a new V6 accord touring, after keeping this one for 10 years), and i'm wondering if it's worth leaving in the ipod adapter (USASPEC) and including the winter tires on steel rims, or if i'd just be including them for nothing?

any suggestions on trade value? it's a 2004 dark blue 6mt with 176K km. It doesn't present as mint condition - there are a couple of door dings/scratches, one small hole in rear bumper (lotus esprit believe it or not), and a surface scrape above one of the rear tires that has just started to rust a bit. new clutch last year (i threatened to advertise if for sale as "one owner, lady driven, new clutch", but she didn't see the humour in that), new brakes in last 2 years, 1 yr old bridgestone RE960 all seasons. never modified, never crashed.

any suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
657 Posts
i'll be trading in the wife's TSX in the next couple of weeks (she's finally decided on a new V6 accord touring, after keeping this one for 10 years), and i'm wondering if it's worth leaving in the ipod adapter (USASPEC) and including the winter tires on steel rims, or if i'd just be including them for nothing?

any suggestions on trade value? it's a 2004 dark blue 6mt with 176K km. It doesn't present as mint condition - there are a couple of door dings/scratches, one small hole in rear bumper (lotus esprit believe it or not), and a surface scrape above one of the rear tires that has just started to rust a bit. new clutch last year (i threatened to advertise if for sale as "one owner, lady driven, new clutch", but she didn't see the humour in that), new brakes in last 2 years, 1 yr old bridgestone RE960 all seasons. never modified, never crashed.

any suggestions welcome.
If you can find a buyer for the USASpec, and its not a PIA to uninstall, I'd get rid of it...Keep the tires and sell them on kijiji or something, dealer wont really give you anything for them.

In terms of trade in/sale price...I've seen some priced as low as 5500 with high KMS, up to 9000. Best bet is to check online and see what nearby TSX's are going for.

Let's just say my 2008, PWP w/ NAV bought brand new (one owner), MINT, got a trade in value last year of 12,500 when I was eyeing a TL Type S ... I walked away and bought myself the hondata flashpro and a car wash instead lol... Moral of the story, dont go to the dealer for your trade in, unless they're offering you more than the market -- you do however save on the taxes if you do

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
If you can find a buyer for the USASpec, and its not a PIA to uninstall, I'd get rid of it...Keep the tires and sell them on kijiji or something, dealer wont really give you anything for them.

In terms of trade in/sale price...I've seen some priced as low as 5500 with high KMS, up to 9000. Best bet is to check online and see what nearby TSX's are going for.

Let's just say my 2008, PWP w/ NAV bought brand new (one owner), MINT, got a trade in value last year of 12,500 when I was eyeing a TL Type S ... I walked away and bought myself the hondata flashpro and a car wash instead lol... Moral of the story, dont go to the dealer for your trade in, unless they're offering you more than the market -- you do however save on the taxes if you do
$5500 - $9000 trade in! 3 mth ago when I walked in to Audi dealer and asked to trade in my really good condition 04 6MT TSX with 130000 km for a S4. The trade in value is only $3500! So I walked out and start shopping around. But end up said screw the trade in! who going to give a shit on a trade in for just $3500! Just keep the TSX as a spare car and she ordered a S5 instead.:smash:

·
Registered
657 Posts
$5500 - $9000 trade in! 3 mth ago when I walked in to Audi dealer and asked to trade in my really good condition 04 6MT TSX with 130000 km for a S4. The trade in value is only $3500! So I walked out and start shopping around. But end up said screw the trade in! who going to give a shit on a trade in for just $3500! Just keep the TSX as a spare car and she ordered a S5 instead.:smash:
Exactly, when I'm in the market for a new car in the next year or so... I wont even bother trading in, not worth it at this point especially having paid almost 40 grand back in the day + all the mods, blood, sweat and tears haha. Might as well keep the car :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
first dealer lowballed the trade so i'm gonna list it locally for mid to high 6K. it's no garage queen but it's been a reliable and sporty car for years, and well maintained, so i'm sure it'll go quickly at that price. not a big fan of strangers showing up to test drive the car, but seems like the best option so far.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
found a dealer willing to offer a decent trade value. still not what i could have sold it for privately, but these days selling a car privately isn't the safest thing to do in Ontario. i figure i paid about $500 to $600 for the convenience, and i'm ok with that.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
found a dealer willing to offer a decent trade value. still not what i could have sold it for privately, but these days selling a car privately isn't the safest thing to do in Ontario. i figure i paid about $500 to $600 for the convenience, and i'm ok with that.
glad you get a nice deal! would you mind tell us what your trade in value? I only got $3500 on my 04 pwp 6MT with 130000km and I have full a-spec kit and with perfect condition!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts