Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guys so my motor was rebuilt last year. My tranny however was still original excluding the DC5 flywheel and exedy stage 1 RSX clutch. Recently I just installed my flashpro and got that working and went for a couple runs. Afterwards my car started making whining noise while it idles, regardless if the clutch engaged or not. I just changed the belt tensioner and waterpump and the sound still comes around. My mechanic stated that the sound is from the tranny and it may be a throw out bearing or the pilot bearing. I've read that some pilot and throwout bearings from exedy are cheaply made and I wanted to see if anybody has experienced this same problem. The tranny has about 164,xxx miles on it. Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
As said above without the car its hard to tell, many things can wine, power steering is another possible culprit. Try uploading a video?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weird squealing noise k24 - YouTube

Hopefully that works. I've read that a throw out bearing would go away if the clutch is compressed. This sound is constant regardless if the clutch is compressed. Once you get pass 2k rpm, the sound goes away. Also the sound would continue for about 2 seconds after the car shuts off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts