Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, my girlfriend got her TSX in august. The car was beautiful when she first got it. I loved driving it, its a really sweet car to drive.

ok so last month she rear ended someone and smashed up the front. the car was repaired. there was no damaged to the engine or any other components except the radiator. shes has the car 2 weeks after being repaired and today it started giving me trouble. after driving for about 10 minutes, the car starts to stall, the transmission misses gears and shifts wildley. there is also this really high pitched whine when you step on the gas.

now im wondering if this could be related to the accident or if this is a bigger problem that is totally unrelated. it feels to me like the alternator might be bad and screwing up the EFI and tranny. i havent had time to test it yet. i plan to call acura tomorrow to have it looked at.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
babaki said:
ok, my girlfriend got her TSX in august. The car was beautiful when she first got it. I loved driving it, its a really sweet car to drive.

ok so last month she rear ended someone and smashed up the front. the car was repaired. there was no damaged to the engine or any other components except the radiator. shes has the car 2 weeks after being repaired and today it started giving me trouble. after driving for about 10 minutes, the car starts to stall, the transmission misses gears and shifts wildley. there is also this really high pitched whine when you step on the gas.

now im wondering if this could be related to the accident or if this is a bigger problem that is totally unrelated. it feels to me like the alternator might be bad and screwing up the EFI and tranny. i havent had time to test it yet. i plan to call acura tomorrow to have it looked at.
is the check engine light on? If its auto do you have any problems going in reverse? Was the radiator replaced after the accident? Dont drive the car till you have it looked at by acura because you might cause other things to brake..

Let us know what heppens.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, the CEL is not on. and there is the same problems in reverse, it doesnt feel like it catches the gear and car just revs. i call acura today but because of the holiday they cant look at it for a while.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
babaki said:
no, the CEL is not on. and there is the same problems in reverse, it doesnt feel like it catches the gear and car just revs. i call acura today but because of the holiday they cant look at it for a while.
damn I really hope the tranny did not go... seems like it stays in neutral.. have you checked for any leaks under the car? is the car making any unusual noises?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Did you guys push the car really hard the first few months that you had it? If not it is for sure something to do with the accident..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
talked to acura today. they said the tranny is messed up. they arent sure if has bad wiring or if it is something else. they said since she had an accident that it voided her warranty. even though there was no damage to the transmission. and she drove the car fine for about 2 weeks after it was repaired. i should know more in a day or 2.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
babaki said:
talked to acura today. they said the tranny is messed up. they arent sure if has bad wiring or if it is something else. they said since she had an accident that it voided her warranty. even though there was no damage to the transmission. and she drove the car fine for about 2 weeks after it was repaired. i should know more in a day or 2.
damn were all the repairs done at Acura after the accident? How did they know about the accidnet? no warranty will be costly..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no she took the car to some shady autobody shop.

here is what acura is telling me:
its not anythingmechanical with transmission. apparently when the front was repaired ( the replaced the hood, bumper and headlights because they were busted) they re-wired the heads incorrectly and its screwing up the electrical system. so she is takiung it back to the place that fixed it to repair the wiring.

im very relieved its not the trans. plus it wont cost us anything because this place has to fix it for free since they screwed it up.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
babaki said:
no she took the car to some shady autobody shop.

here is what acura is telling me:
its not anythingmechanical with transmission. apparently when the front was repaired ( the replaced the hood, bumper and headlights because they were busted) they re-wired the heads incorrectly and its screwing up the electrical system. so she is takiung it back to the place that fixed it to repair the wiring.

im very relieved its not the trans. plus it wont cost us anything because this place has to fix it for free since they screwed it up.
Good Deal let us know when its fixed :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts