Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a new clutch and after 5 months my transmission won't let me put in gears smoothly I wonder what it can't be someone told me something about the external something not sure what that is
Need help thanks

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
How about some more information?
Specs of clutch? Miles on engine/trans? Who installed the clutch? What are the symptoms specifically?

·
Banned
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So my car is 06 miles about 91,000 clutch is exedy stage 1 with fly wheel , a buddy of mine that does cars he installed it for me but when I got the car about 2 years ago the reverse was messed up as in if I put into revers won't go in ,would grind but if I put it into another gear and then reverse it would go in smoothly but that's been like that for a while so idk how the previes owner drove it , so now this past weekend it started acting up as in I can't put any gears smoothly it have to force into it but I ain't driving it so I won't damage it more

·
Registered
325 Posts
Reverse "grind":

There is most likely nothing wrong with your reverse. Reverse is not synchronized and is a straight cut idler gear. When you put the trans into reverse, you're engaging the reverse idler gear onto both the mainshaft's reverse gear and the countershaft's reverse gear. In neutral with the clutch engaged (not pressed) the main shaft is spinning at engine speed, ~750RPM at idle. If you're quickly pressing the clutch and immediately trying to go into reverse, you're trying to engage 3 straight cut gears together, with one of them (main shaft) spinning relatively quickly. This CAN cause a grind unless you just slam reverse in as fast as possible. Doing this however will eventually bend either the reverse arm or the idler-engagement slider. Always engage the trans into another gear before going into reverse if you're in a hurry to avoid the grind. Optionally, you can press and hold the clutch in for a few seconds before engaging reverse; this will allow the main shaft to slow down/stop.

Harsh/difficult 1-6 engagement:

There are multiple possibilities here.
1 - worn synchronizers (very possible, unless all 1-6 gears are harsh)
2 - worn "dog teeth" on your gear sets (most common on 2-3 if abused. Unlikely if all 1-6 gears are harsh)
3 - incorrect/bad fluid (common, usually causes 1->2 & 2->3 issues, especially at very low/very high RPMs)
4 - bent release fork (highly unlikely)
4 - hydraulic issue (most probable)

Hydraulic issues include:
- worn out rubber clutch line that is expanding to the point that the slave cylinder cannot fully release the clutch fork. If this were the case, it is close the point of rupture as that is an extremely excessive amount of hose expansion.
- air in your clutch hydraulic system
- bad master cylinder/slave cyl.

Good luck Bella. Check the hydraulic system and trans fluid, and get back to us. Hope I could help :thumbsup:

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
^ That about sums it up,
I'd look into your clutch master and slave cylinder if you have trouble getting into gear.

·
Banned
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Admaee05 thanks I appreciate the response so I took it to my freind shop finally had time the clutch pedal was lose so it was the pump he tighten it up and should be good but if it acts again then I would have to replace it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts