Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hearing a weird noise only when in P and N. It goes away when the car is in gear. It coming from where the tranny and motor meets. Car has 90k on it.What can it be? help!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same exact issue and my TSX is around 95,000 miles on it but it's a 05.

From what I was told it's the transmission. But I would like to know exactly what it is so I can get it fixed. Let me know if you find a solution.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same exact issue and my TSX is around 95,000 miles on it but it's a 05.

From what I was told it's the transmission. But I would like to know exactly what it is so I can get it fixed. Let me know if you find a solution.
So i took it to several shops and they all said the tranny. They wouldnt know for sure until they pull it out. I got a used tranny with 56k on it and in the process of installing it. One shop did mention that it might be the torque converter. But when the tranny is pulled i will know for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 05 with 149,000 miles developed the same problem/noise. After researching and taking it to my trusted mechanic, we decided on changing out the torque converter. It still makes the same noise?!?!?! So instead of investing more money I'm driving it until it breaks. I hope this helps someone but may only make it more confusing. My suggestion would be to replace the tranny and torque converter if possible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been hearing a weird noise only when in P and N. It goes away when the car is in gear. It coming from where the tranny and motor meets. Car has 90k on it.What can it be? help!!!

So replacing the torque converter got rid of the noise? Is it still running?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts