Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dr. Smiley
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I am thinking of moving cross country to California. I want to avoid putting on another 3k miles on my relatively new TSX, so I was thinking of putting it on an auto transport truck. Have any of you have any experiences putting your car, TSX or other model, with any of those services and can share them with me? Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, be careful which company you choose. Don't be afraid to shell out a little extra cash to get a reputable company. I moved from Philly to So. California last summer and had a horrible experience. Luckily, it wasn't my TSX, but the company SUCKED! AAA Advantage is the name of the company. They picked up my car 3 weeks late and it didn't get to Cali until 2 weeks later. They have a decent very professional website, but horrible customer service. Not to mention, the auto shipping business is one big rackett---I think my car was on like five different open carriers because they make stops at various transfer stations around the country. The farther the move, the more transfers your car will make. Oh yeah, the car was also scratched and messed-up when it finally did arrive.

Honestly, it was a major pain in the ass---Anyway, I wound up trading in the car for my TSX a month later. I should have sold the car instead of having it shipped out here. Bottom line--Expect to pay more money for better service and quality. I'd also look into an "enclosed carrier," but that's gonna be pretty expensive. I paid a little over $1,000 for basic "open carrier" service and it sucked. Good luck man.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
I think any transport is going to be more expensive than the gas it takes to drive the 3000 miles. And just think how much more fun you would have driving your beautiful TSX cross country?

·
Dr. Smiley
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just broke my right arm skiing. It would be nice to drive across country though. But from all the horror stories I have been reading about these auto transport services I think I still might be better off driving across the country with one good arm!

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
yeah drive it man ! dont leave the fate of your TSX in the truckers hands.
heck I will do it for you free, gas is on me !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts