Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Yup, they say the driver is guilty of murder because he was watching a DVD movie when the accident happened (he denies it).

Eventually, look for similar cases involving Nav.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I am sorry but that guy is just plain stupid, can you imagine taking driving so irresponsibly? I mean how stupid would you have to be to install a DVD player, and Playstation2 in the front cabin area? Didn't he think it might become a distraction and he could kill someone? Seriously, I just don't get some people, why not just blindfold himself and take off down the road? !

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I agree with you, Thorn, but from what we've seen on the internet boards, it seems that a lot of people are interested in having more and more of that crap in their cars -- and I mean in front, like on the Nav screen. I'm against it too. We've seen that some states are beginning to declare it illegal, which sounds right to me. But I can't believe that people even want it.

Larchmont, who nevertheless got the Nav. :tard:

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
CNN said:
"In his truck was the equivalent of a home entertainment system -- a DVD player, speakers and a Sony PlayStation 2"
When I'm driving, I think that's my primary task, not eating, sleeping, working, surfing the net or playing a video-game!

That's why the Europeans think we're nuts buying cars with a bazillion cupholders and automatic transmissions and have been so reluctant to so equip their cars. On rare ocasions, even the French can get things right, like a broken clock that's correct twice a day! Also another reason why the fatality rate on the German Autobahn is less without any speed limita than it is on the US interstate highway system with speed limits.

In defense of Larch, using the voice-activated navi (which I don't have) is probably safer than unfolding a paper map at 80mph.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
bob shiftright said:
.....In defense of Larch, using the voice-activated navi (which I don't have) is probably safer than unfolding a paper map at 80mph.
In offense of Larch :D trying to think of exactly how to do the voice commands freezes your brain.

Larchmont, who doesn't use the voice commands except for a good laugh now and then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts