Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
no its specifically part of the navigation system
navi also comes with: calendar with editable notes that can pop up on your screen and a calculator - the trip computer is really cool though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pocketkiller said:
no its specifically part of the navigation system
navi also comes with: calendar with editable notes that can pop up on your screen and a calculator - the trip computer is really cool though.
Then the people with Navi will have no problem calculating their miles per gallon. (gas efficiency) If the thing is accurate...

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Right, it calculates that for you. And every time you re-fuel, it resets itself so you never have to do any calculating.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I don't have a navi-TSX, but what I do to calculate MPG and miles traveled is reset either trip odometer A or B. Then when I goto the gas station to fill up I see how many gallons I used and the miles traveled and calculate MPG....then I reset the odometer again and start the same process over again.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Yep thats the way to do it. Just make sure you calculate how much gas you put in the car - and don't "top off". Once the gas clicks off you should stop there. Also becomes more accurate if you use the same gas station or even the same pump! as gas stations differ on when the pump actually decides your tank is full.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
pocketkiller said:
Right, it calculates that for you. And every time you re-fuel, it resets itself so you never have to do any calculating.
Here I come with my usual footnotes. :D

(a) You have the choice of either having it reset itself automatically like that, or not. And you can change it whenever you want.

(b) You can also reset it yourself any time you want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts