Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am hoping the experts in this forum can help me diagnose my door locks.

When I use my key fob or the door lock switches on either the driver or passenger side, my driver side door locks function properly. That is to say my front driver-side door lock opens and closes when it is supposed to and my rear driver-side door opens when the unlock key fob button or door switch is pressed twice and locks when pressed once.

However, neither my front passenger-side or rear passenger-side locks function properly with either the key fob or the door lock switches on either the driver or passenger side. My passenger-side locks need to be manually unlocked or locked.

Can you please advise as to what is wrong and which parts need to be replaced? Is it the door actuators or switches, or both, or something else? Thank you in advance.

Side note: I have a 2012 Acura TSX SE sedan (2.4 L). Perhaps coincidentally (or not?) my car no longer beeps when I press my key fob buttons and hasn't in quite some time. Not sure if this issue is related to the lock issue or not.

·
Registered
100 Posts
First check the fuses under your hood and then under your floor board ... If all of those look well for anything pertaining to the door locks then proceed to the video below for both doors.

Almost always the culpret ... And they are sneaky hard too ... Sometimes ... 🤬

1 - 2 of 2 Posts