Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
TSX TruHart Coilovers

I would have to agree but it was an easy fix. Trimmed a small amount of the bushing. Fronts fit well. The hook spanner wrenches supplied do not work with the adjusting nuts at all. I had to use mine to set the spring zero preload. It will require adjustable rear camber arms and an front adjustable ball joint which is available from moog. Also the bushings in the front lower a-arm are shot and will need replaced. I just got this car from a friend who hasn't had any suspension work done at all to the car.

With that being said I took it out and the suspension rides pretty good not to bouncy and not to stiff. I will have a better idea once I get all the bushings and swing arms replaced and a proper alignment done.
I just finished installing the rear today, and I had the same issue with the bottom bushing for the rear shocks/coilover, it was a little wide so I grind the crap out of it until its the same width as the stock. I'm pretty sure they sent us the Accord coilover. I will be doing the front tomorrow and adjusting the height on the rear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought the Truhart th-h808 street plus coilovers. I searched and searched for a write up on these coilovers. I was not able to find a write up from anyone who has gotten them. I wasn't able to find a write anywhere here or on a google search. Didn't make much sense since they have been around awhile and seem to have good customer service.

I emailed them about there shocks they immediately got back to me. I asked a number of questions all of which they had answers to. I went as far to question there understanding of preload, race sag for us motocross guys, and the answers where promising.

I decided to buy a set. On there website the price is $620 I found them for $485 on ebay as an offer bid. I received the coilovers today.

Unboxed them and they do look good well built. Box came with 2 front,2 rear shocks, 2 spanner wrenches, and 4 black pieces with a hole in each end and a grommet in one of the holes. I don't know what the piece is for because it did not come with any instructions. It was also missing the spanner wrench for the smaller locknut that locks the mount to the shock cartridge. These are the height adjustable coilovers.

I will install these shocks tomorrow and will add pictures and let you know how they ride.

As far as the car it is a completely stock 2005 acura tsx automatic with nav. 112k miles. By stock I mean absolutly no modifications at all.
Exactly, so I had to pretty much extend the bottom mount away from the shock body all the way to the end to get it to fit! Is that normal or did truhart send wrong part?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts