Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Acura TSX
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just recently installed a set of Truhart coilovers, and I wanted to give out some information about some comparisons.
warning, everything is measured in metric

The coils were supplied with 1 large and 1 small spanner wrench, along with 2 brake line relocating brackets.
I started out on the fronts because I heard that the rear bushing on the bottom of the strut needs to be trimmed.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

Measuring the front strut length, 52cm. I wanted to drop about 2cm, so I subtracted the length from that and onto the coilovers.
Rectangle Tape measure Automotive tire Wood Measuring instrument

Did the typical removal and installation, torqued to specs. I set the preload by turning the spring collar so that the spring doesn't shift around by hand. The front struts are on 3 to 4 threads on the shock which is kinda sketchy, but the locking collar I believe gives some reinforcement. I would say the front coilovers are on the shorter side.

I didn't really think about the springs settling in, so I may have to raise the car up a bit after.

Before height was 5cm. Now 3cm.
Tire Photograph Automotive tire Light Black

Then onto the rears, the bushings need to be trimmed down to 45mm as it's the space of the strut mount on the rear spindle. I needed to file down about 2mm on each side.
Watch Analog watch Clock Finger Wood

The rear struts were about 67cm, also subtracted 2 cm on the coils. Did the same preload setting as the fronts on the rears.
Musical instrument accessory Automotive tire Musical instrument Wind instrument Hiking equipment

Before height 5.5cm, now lowered to 3.5cm.
Tire Wheel Photograph Ruler Automotive tire

Stock suspension. My wheel specs are 18x9.5 +25, tires 245/40/R18.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Coilovers
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

The ride feels like stock but stiffer and bouncier. Handling and braking are greatly improved.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Acura TSX
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As the springs settled after a day of installing the front and the back separately on the car, here are the changes on the wheel gap:

LF: 2.9cm to 2.6cm
RF: 2.9cm to 2.4cm
RR: 3.5cm to 1.7cm
LR: 3.6cm to 3.5cm

I usually carry a toolbox in my car on the weekends and it's on the right side of the trunk to try to balance my weight in the vehicle. It's probably why the right rear is lower...

·
Registered
2007 Acura TSX
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update on the coilovers
During my oil change approximately 3,000 miles after installing the coilovers, I noticed both front springs were loose by about 2 cm of play. I tightened back the spring perches until it wouldn't move by hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts