Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, i have an issue with my 04 tsx's trunk. the glove compartment button is on and everything is working until yesterday when my car trunk won't open from the outside license button and my remote button. the only time it works is when i open it with the latch beside the driver seat. i live in the -25ish environment so is there anything you guys can suggest or inform me about
Thanks

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
could be an issue with the -25* degree enviroment ATM...

Does your fob still work?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats a FOb

could be an issue with the -25* degree enviroment ATM...

Does your fob still work?
Sorry whats a fob? this is my first car so i have no clue about anything to it. thanks
the -25 i dont think is the problem because ive been in colder temp and doesnt do anything
what do you think is the problem with this?

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
Sorry whats a fob? this is my first car so i have no clue about anything to it. thanks
the -25 i dont think is the problem because ive been in colder temp and doesnt do anything
what do you think is the problem with this?
fob = remote

Check your glovebox, there's a lock switch in there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try pressing the unlock button on your key FOB a few times, then try the trunk button.
it just open the all the windows half way hahaha.
when i press the trunk button outside it doesnt make any sound?or even when i press the remote fob

·
Registered
341 Posts
Try pressing the unlock button on your key FOB a few times, then try the trunk button.
it just open the all the windows half way hahaha.
when i press the trunk button outside it doesnt make any sound?or even when i press the remote fob
Press it twice to unlock all doors. Holding it down will open the windows.

He wants to make sure all doors are unlock before you hold and press the trunk button.

But the problem is, the actuator could be dead. Button on remote and trunk lid are electronically actuated. Latch on the driver side is mechanically actuated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Press it twice to unlock all doors. Holding it down will open the windows.

He wants to make sure all doors are unlock before you hold and press the trunk button.

But the problem is, the actuator could be dead. Button on remote and trunk lid are electronically actuated. Latch on the driver side is mechanically actuated.
Aw, I havent tried it yet but i think its the acutuator, is this a major problem? Expensive pro-required fix or DIY fix? Thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
Have not tried replacing it before. But before placing it, maybe you can test it by connecting a battery to the pins on the actuator, or maybe it is just too cold out there for it to work.

I have never replaced it, but it should be quite straight forward.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have not tried replacing it before. But before placing it, maybe you can test it by connecting a battery to the pins on the actuator, or maybe it is just too cold out there for it to work.

I have never replaced it, but it should be quite straight forward.
Do you guys know where can buy the actuator similar to mine for cheap? tsx 04

·
My car whines
637 Posts
Do you guys know where can buy the actuator similar to mine for cheap? tsx 04
Your best bet would be to check out the part out threads

If you have a multimeter, you can pull back the trunk lining and unplug the connector going into the actuator then check the yellow/green wire to see if there's 12v when you press either the button on the remote or the trunk. If there is, then the actuator is dead.

·
Registered
835 Posts
i just started having an issue with mine as well, everything works except the button above the back license plate, I checked the wiring and the blue one has power black is ground, checked the glove box switch and its working correctly, i changed out the switch above the back license plate and still has the issue. i than checked the wiring to the acuator and the blue still has power the black is ground and the yellow is dead. i pressed on trunk button and nothing, i pressed on the key button and nothing. Can anyone tell me if the yellow is suppose to get power at all? would a bad actuator still cause that? or is it a faulty wire thats is causing it?

·
My car whines
637 Posts
^read the last few posts again. I've already answered this question...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check your door lock actuators. One of them may be bad. See if all your doors lock and unlock...if you find a door that the actuator does not work, change it.

·
Registered
835 Posts
^read the last few posts again. I've already answered this question...
yellow wire doesnt show any voltage when locking or unlocking doors, nor does it when i press the button above the lisence plate

Check your door lock actuators. One of them may be bad. See if all your doors lock and unlock...if you find a door that the actuator does not work, change it.
door locks work as normal, when pressing the lock unlock inside vehicle also with the remotes,

does anyone have a wire diagram of the unlock button for the license plate? i am curious where it connects with the actual actuator maybe its a fualty wire somewhere

1 - 20 of 20 Posts