Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 19 years old and live in Northern Viriginia. Went last Saturday to get preliminary prices on the TSX. I test drove it and I love the car. The one I wanted was silver, but I would rather have black. The salesman is helpful at first then turns into a jerk after I tell him I would rather have black. I wanted to talk him down to somewhere in the 24,000-25,000 before TTL. The car didnt have Nav or the kit or the spoiler. He would only go down 1,000 from the Dealer Price of 27,500. What do I do, I left my number for him to call me with a better offer. I am new to car buying, and I think he is just tryin to break me on the price.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I guarantee you he will call you with a lower offer AND he will have "magically" found the black one you wanted. Just wait for tomorrow.

In the meantime, you can always call another Acura dealership.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Give him your price, if he doesn't like it...walk out to another dealer. If he really wants to sell it to you he'll chase after you before you walk out. And if it doesn't work, go to another dealer. Oh, I got mine for 25,500, that should give you an idea how much they willing to sell it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well depending on how far you're willing to travel, there's a great dealer in Texas.

If you're willing to buy it here and drive it back to Virginia, call Corey Haas at Vanderbilt Acura (it's in Arlington, TX). He's a solid dealer.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,199 Posts
25,000 should be the price you should pay for, don't go over 25,500 or else DateTSX had the better deal!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any luck TM?

Currently starting to look for a 2005 6sp non nav in NOVA as well. Any luck getting a good deal? Any good dealership experiences so far?

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Stroey said:
Currently starting to look for a 2005 6sp non nav in NOVA as well. Any luck getting a good deal? Any good dealership experiences so far?
welcome to the site...you came to the right place for information. I'm not sure about VA...but generally as of lately I have been reading people getting at LEAST $2000 off msrp...usually about 2000-2250 off...in that range. Good Luck!

Not every dealer will do this though...so you may have to e-mail or call several different dealerships. Once you know the color/model you want...I think the best thing to do is e-mail the dealerships around you. The internet sales manager generally has more power to give you a better price. He's not concerned with his profit like a regular sales man. Email 5 dealerships the amount you want to pay...say $25000 for non-navi...plus taxes etc. Then see what kind of responses you get. If you get multiple responses...then you can try to get them to go even lower.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Pocketkiller, I appreciate the info. Currently trying to work about five dealerships in the area. So far, got the internet "special price" 27K(not including taxes) with a discounted $300 wheel lock/trunk something or other package. Gotta start somewhere!

Can't wait to post a pic of it when I get it!

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Stroey said:
Thanks Pocketkiller, I appreciate the info. Currently trying to work about five dealerships in the area. So far, got the internet "special price" 27K(not including taxes) with a discounted $300 wheel lock/trunk something or other package. Gotta start somewhere!

that price (27K non-Nav) is no good....for a few hundred more you can get one with Nav !
Dont get distracted by the stealership with "discounts/packages" !
Focus on getting a lowerst quote first then go to your local dealer with that quote.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Stroey said:

yea that is a horrible price...without navi you should not pay more than $25,500 (and then add any packages)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Definitely work the dealerships against each other. It sucks, but you gotta do it. When you get one down to a lower price, call a different dealer and see if they'll go lower -- they will. Even if they tell you that they "can't possibly go any lower", they don't want to see you go to another dealership.

The day I bought my car, I got this one guy down to a decent price, so I was about to go buy. I called back the other dealer and said "I'm about to drive up to the other dealership and buy the car, are you sure you can't beat his price? " He put me on hold for 5 seconds, and came back with a lower price.

Unless you're desperate for a car today (as in, your other one has died), remember that you have time on your side. Make them feel like you're not in a rush. Also, I've heard the end of the month is the best time to buy a car -- dealers have to meet month-end quotas, so they're more desperate to sell. (I bought mine on 3/30.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking for a dealer in Northern VA as well

Hey,
I am also looking for a dealer in Northern VA. Let me know if you find a dealer that gives you a good price. I will do the same. Any one else have a dealer not too far away from VA that they know would give a good price. I would definetly travel to save the money, as long as it would not be too bad of a drive back. Especially anyone in New England, because my parents live up there, so I could fly up for a visit and drive back. Please keep me posted, because according to Edmunds, Carsdirect.com, and a few others, everything seems to be at $27,000. I would love to pay $25,500 for the car if possible. I have my wedding to save up for, so every dime counts at this point. Thanks.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Umass02 said:
Hey,
I am also looking for a dealer in Northern VA. Let me know if you find a dealer that gives you a good price. I will do the same. Any one else have a dealer not too far away from VA that they know would give a good price. I would definetly travel to save the money, as long as it would not be too bad of a drive back. Especially anyone in New England, because my parents live up there, so I could fly up for a visit and drive back. Please keep me posted, because according to Edmunds, Carsdirect.com, and a few others, everything seems to be at $27,000. I would love to pay $25,500 for the car if possible. I have my wedding to save up for, so every dime counts at this point. Thanks.
Well usually they would have responded back by now. Take the suggestions here and e-mail about 5 dealerships around you, indicating that you are interested in an 05 TSX transmission NAVI/no NAVI color interior color for the price of $25,500...or you can list $25000 and then go up... obviously add 2000 if you want navi. you should start getting some email replies pretty quickly...so I dunno why these people haven't responded back yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
tmnotorious,
check out the message I sent you. I have been working the dealers here all week. Feel free to contact me if you want to know who gave me the best deal.

- Greg

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ended up paying $25,500 (no nav) and got all the accesorries at dealer cost at Criswell Acura in Annapolis, MD. Love the car and actually really liked the dealership and the dealer. I did all the negotiating over email for the most part which made it really easy. Feel free to email me and I will gladly share the complete breakdown. The car is awesome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts