Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

So I'm looking around for a wheel. Specifically, I am looking for a BBS LM "style" wheel. I am not trying to copy them, or to claim to have them, just looking for a wheel that is that style.

I like the high polish finish, the flat face of the spokes, and a thick lip. (I don't mean deep, I mean thick)

I haven't decided between 17's or 18's.

I have been very disappointed in my search results so far. Everything is either 17x7.5, or 18x8. I'd like to add at least an inch of rim width if I'm going to bother buying new wheels.... anything narrower then a 235 tire just doesn't make sense to me.

(segway, but does anyone have a picture of a 235/45/18 tire mounted on a wheel thats only 8" wide?)

Konig has this thing:

but it only goes up to a 17 x 7.5

I like this Bremmer Kraft wheel even better - it doesn't have the fake rivets.

however, The only place I can find that sells them is tirerack, and according to them, its only available in a 17x8 or 18.8... and I just can't bring myself to get excited about a wheel thats only 8" wide.

I know tirerack is quite conservative in what they say will fit your car, so maybe Bremmer Kraft offers it in a 9" version, but that style of wheel is not even on their website.

Anybody else make a wheel of this style, that is 20ish lbs or less, that's actually (noticeably) wider then stock wheels?

Again, if anyone can post a picture of a 235mm tire on a 8" wheel, I might get over it.

Thanks for any advice.

Edit: Just say that Bremmer Kraft makes wheels in 19x8! Seriously?! Who wants a 8" wide wheel that big?!

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I thought Bremmer Kraft was only BMW bolt sizing...

Anyways, you're probably going to want to look for something like Varrstoen ES111's. They're BBS LM reps and Varrstoen's are known for aggressive wheel fitment. You're probably going to be looking at 18x9.5 +22.

You're going to need to run at the most, 225/40/18 and still have to roll and pull your fenders to fit that. I need to with my 18x9 +22 and I have 215/40/18. You can maybe call and see if they have the +40 or +30 fitment still available but from what I remember, they were discontinued.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
235/45/18 on an 8 wide??? NEVER!!! that's plain stupid.

235/40/18? yes. a few guys have. search.
Oops, sorry, yes you're right. I meant 235/40/18... ok I'll try... searching for "235/40/18" yielded no results. I was hoping one of them might drop in here.

I thought Bremmer Kraft was only BMW bolt sizing...

Anyways, you're probably going to want to look for something like Varrstoen ES111's. They're BBS LM reps and Varrstoen's are known for aggressive wheel fitment. You're probably going to be looking at 18x9.5 +22.

You're going to need to run at the most, 225/40/18 and still have to roll and pull your fenders to fit that. I need to with my 18x9 +22 and I have 215/40/18. You can maybe call and see if they have the +40 or +30 fitment still available but from what I remember, they were discontinued.
lol there is no way I would buy a wheel with a 22 offset, and no way I would put a 225/40/18 on a tire that is almost 10" wide. See sig.

I'll check out the Varrstoens, thanks

Edit: Ya the Varrstoens are not going to work. Need a higher offset on the TSX.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
So you're not going for the stanced look but you're trying to run fat tires on a TSX? I mean it's doable but without any modification of the body or running such high offsets, you're going to run the risk of rubbing your wheels against the strut. I know 9 +50 with 235/40 rubs our strut. That's what I had before.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
OP You need 18x8.5 +45/50. What is your budget? Hard to find quality light wheels under 1200, in those sizes\style you want.

Found this pic of a 18x8.5 +45 with 235/40 tires.

Advan Kreutzer Xi 18x8 +48 on 235/40/18 Pirelli P-Zero Nero M&S

From this thread http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-wheels/42231-pics-cgp-wheels.html

Wheels are for sale in the classifieds at a great price and they are very light.

This was found in 10 seconds of Google search. Google to the rescue :woot:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you're not going for the stanced look but you're trying to run fat tires on a TSX? I mean it's doable but without any modification of the body or running such high offsets, you're going to run the risk of rubbing your wheels against the strut. I know 9 +50 with 235/40 rubs our strut. That's what I had before.
There are two TSX's I know of that have ran a 255 tire (one on a 9" wheel, the other on a 10" wheel). They did have pretty high offsets (high 40's?) , but both reported only needing a slight fender roll.

OP You need 18x8.5 +45/50. What is your budget? Hard to find quality light wheels under 1200, in those sizes\style you want.

Wheels are for sale in the classifieds at a great price and they are very light.

This was found in 10 seconds of Google search. Google to the rescue :woot:
Thanks for the pictures, those were helpful! I don't mind spending a little extra on the wheels, so I'd consider any wheel that you think falls into the style I am looking for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.