Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ter said:
Hi there, My name is Terry and I'm a member of Stage Five, Dori-Kaze and NWN (Panda86), VCC and Revscene (Ter).

In light of the recent events in South Asia and the tsunami tragedy, I am organizing a charity car meet to raise donations for the Canadian Red Cross. I was in Thailand about 3 years ago, and I was saddened to see the losses that people have had to deal with, in what is normally supposed to be a happy time during the holidays.

I call upon all the local car clubs to come out as ONE community to make donations to aid in the tsunami relief. Myself and volunteers will be selling raffle tickets for donations, each donor will have their name and car club compiled on an official list that will be submitted to the Canadian Red Cross. ALL funds raised will go to the Red Cross, I registered this event with them a week after the tragedy, so even though they are done fundraising, the proceeds from this event WILL get to those affected by the tsunami. Tax receipts issued by request only for amounts $20 and over.

This event would have been held sooner, but was delayed by poor weather and scheduling conflicts. I have received a lot of support and prizes from local companies, including Electronic Arts (LOTS of PC and PS2 games), Garage Five Performance (H&R springs), The Inside Line - Morrisport Advanced Driving (a $300 track day) and a prize from Gemini Composites. We will do raffle draws for the donated prizes at the end of the meet and 100% of the money donated will be delivered to the Red Cross to aid in the tsunami relief.

Here are the details:
Saturday Feb 19th
12:00pm - 2:00pm
Parking lot at the corner of Renfrew and Hastings (across from the PNE)
Prize Draws at 2pm

My goal is to make this the biggest non-profit charity car club meet ever gathered in the 604 area. I know this is a lofty goal, but I urge everyone to come out on behalf of those lost during these tragic times. I feel that we are very lucky to live here and to have our families together, when there are some in the world that have lost everything.

My only other request is that people attending keep the revving / loud engines and loud music down, in respect for those lost in the tragedy and in appreciation to the Hastings Community Center who have donated the parking lot space for us to use. I gave them my word that we would behave, and I ask everyone to cooperate on my behalf.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you all out on the Sat the 19th. It's a great opportunity to see some great cars, meet old and new friends, win some fantastic prizes and support a very worthy cause.

Thanks in advance Terry.

*ps: Chooman has approved this event on behalf of Revscene. :)
This should be a pretty big meet, expecting 80-100 cars for sure.
Vancouvercivics
Vancouverpreludes
Vancouver accords
NorthwestNissan
Revscene.net
and grperformance are all going to be there with tons of free prizes

*Note to Admins and moderators: I wish to keep this thread clean an on-topic, since i don't have to power to move or delete other post, I ask it upon you to help keep this thread "on-topic" thank you very much for time It is very appreciated

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Is everyone going to this?

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
if revscene is in, it's always a big event, and when Vancouver civics club is in it alwas a big meet, since both are there, plan to see alot of other clubs their, most of these meets end up well over 100 of cars representing from different clubs

I can only wish the TSX'ers in the 604 (and you unlucky 778) area can get together and represent, to show we are a force to be reckoned with...

ooo... preludes... = ...breakfast... :lickout:

but i prefer jerico beach location just because they can fit more cars there?

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is anybody going to this?

·
9,175 Posts
I guess not.....

·
9,175 Posts
Damn......I wish I could've saw that Supra up close.......but....haha.....no gas~

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got pictures and video, but i have no place to host them :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts