Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rotary Forged, what is that?

Rotary Forge is an advanced manufacturing process used to produce stronger and lighter weight cast wheels.​

How does it work?

Wheel manufacturers cast the wheel with a narrow barrel. (as little as 4" wide). They then spin the wheel at a high speed, and at a high pressure, forge the barrel out to the desired width and shape.
What's the benefit?

This process alters the molecular structure and enhances the strength of the wheel. It also helps keep the wheels weight down when compared to traditional cast wheels. Most importantly, the weight savings is in the outer rim of the wheel which dramatically reduces rotational mass and enhances vehicle performance.​

TSW has been using Rotary Forge technology to manufacture the Nurburgring and they are now using it to manufacture their New Interlagos as well. Those of you looking for a wheel upgrade that will help enhance the look and performance of your vehicle take a good look at these two options.

TSW Nurburging

Nurburgring weights according to TSW:
17x7.5 5x114.3 +45mm offset weighs approx. 17.6lbs.
18x7.5 5x1114.3 +45mm offset weighs approx. 18.5lbs
18x8.5 5x114.3 +45mm offset weighs approx. 19.5lbs
19x8.5 +45mm offset weighs approx. 21.4lbs

TSW Interlagos:

Interlagos estimated weights according to TSW (more will be available in the future):
17x7.5 5x114.3 +45mm offset weighs approx. 18.5lbs.
18x7.5 5x1114.3 +45mm offset weighs approx. 19.25lbs

For price and availability please call your local Discount Tire/ America's Tire. You can also find more information at www.tires.com or call Discount Tire Direct at 1.888.459.4080.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
i like them interlagos

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
nice! really digging the Nurburgring.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
i had a set of tsw and they held up good for 3 years... i have hit some horrible potholes and they help up really good... no complaints

·
Registered
616 Posts
Between the two, my vote goes to the Interlagos.

Do you think you could list the sizes and weights of the 19" wheels as well (i.e. as listed on the TSW website)? Thanks!

·
trespassing Jeep owner
2,731 Posts
I've always liked a lot of TSW designs, but hated how heavy they were. 19.5lbs for 18x8.5 Nurburgring is relatively nice. I really like the look of that one. Tempting.

·
Rocketeer
1,134 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts