Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit some debris on the road. I ended up denting the front grille molding a little and scratching upper front grille. I read some old thread that touching up with paint will not be perfect and the better options are plastic dip, vinyl wrap or replacing the grille. My car is forged silver metallic. So I prefer to keep the silver or chrome look of the grille. The scratches are not that big. So I would rather not spending $350 and time to replace the front grille. Have anyone use touchup paint with some success? Can I vinyl wrap the front grille without removing the front bumper and the front grille?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
You can vinyl wrap the grille without taking it off, but your edges will look nicer if you do. And it's not a hard process to take it off.
You won't have the same chrome look anymore if you vinyl wrap. I saw that you wanted to keep that?

IPhone Autoguide

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
I forgot to mention tho, that it's easier to vinyl wrap when you have something bracing the part, I.e. installed. That way you can tug, pull, stretch the vinyl over evenly.

IPhone Autoguide

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Don't use plasti dip on it because you will still see that dent when you look closely. i vote for the vinyl wrap!
Confirmed. Also, depending on what vinyl wrap colour/style you use, it will also show through. In both cases, you should use a filler to fill in the scratch/chip, smooth it out, and then wrap.

IPhone Autoguide

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I will bite the bullet and replace the grille this time. I found some instructions to remove the front bumper. Can anyone confirm that removing the bumper is not that hard?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
its not hard, but you just have to be careful. at some point, you might have to use a little force to pull, and it might seem like you are going to break/broke something. but you should be ok as long as you are careful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.