Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a fresh oil change drove the whole day fine but the next day I was driving and I got a message on the dash to check my charging system/battery I'm assuming. What's weird about it is that my car was taking longer to start and the startup sounds like its choking. However, I drove the car literally the same day a couple hours later and the dash message was gone but the car startup was still an issue. Any thoughts on what may be the issue?

· Registered
2008 auto TSX CGP
636 Posts
Your battery may be failing and not holding much of a charge. I would get the charging system checked. Before you do that, check the serpentine belt to see if it's loose, worn or slipping (glazed).

· Registered
347 Posts
First check and clean the battery terminals ^^^

Then check and clean the connections on the three grounding strap, if any strap is frayed, broken or corroded, replace it. Facing the engine, two are on the left and easily accessible. The third is on the right near the tranny linkages (manual tranny).

Easy charging system check: use a multi-meter to measure voltage at the battery terminals:
Engine off: about 12.5V or higher. Less than that and the battery is discharged, failing, or both.
Engine on: Should be well above 13V, closer to 14V. Less than 13V and the charge system has an issue

To get a good check on the battery condition, the best thing is to take the battery to FLAPS and let them put it on a tester. You can also buy an inexpensive tester like this...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts