Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Thanks, Joker! I see that the A-Spec package does indeed include much more than just cosmetic stuff. (There had been doubts.)

Most important part, IMO:

"The A-SPEC kit enhances the TSX's already sporty performance by adding components like high performance tires and track-tuned shocks and springs."

And yes, it's great that you can get just the suspension.

As is my wont (good word) :D I'm going to wait and see how other people do with it.

Larchmont, who has gotten used to the TSX the way it is, but thinks he'll probably get Continentals when it's time for new tires.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Nothing Mugen or any JDM tuner can't match or better for a similar amount of money.

Damn marketing gimmicks. They should do more than that if they wanna introduce another model type. This is no real different in short.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
"$4330 plus dealer installation"!

Meanwhile, Honda Motor Co., Ltd. stock closed at $23.95/share in New York. Buy the A-Spec package. I'd rather buy 200 shares (and dream of retiring to Fiji!)

·
Registered
204 Posts
bob shiftright said:
"$4330 plus dealer installation"!

Meanwhile, Honda Motor Co., Ltd. stock closed at $23.95/share in New York. Buy the A-Spec package. I'd rather buy 200 shares (and dream of retiring to Fiji!)

Does the stock move 50% in the last 10 years ? I haven't checked. I just have a feeling that the Japanese auto stocks didn't go up or down a lot. Just keep at their prices all the time.

For people living in the snow belt (including me) I don't see much use of the A-spec unfortunately. I would prefer the All-Season tires and no dam, spoiler , skirts and stuff to mess with the snow :(

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
Diesel said:
Does the stock move 50% in the last 10 years ? I haven't checked. I just have a feeling that the Japanese auto stocks didn't go up or down a lot. Just keep at their prices all the time.

If you just looked at Honda's stock price chart (and not the Nikkei) it would be difficult to convince anyone that Tokyo has been in this big bear market for the last dozen years.....

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Thanks as usual for the chart, Bob!

Actually....as we can see, Diesel's sort of right if we're talking about the last FIVE years, rather than 10.

Larchmont, who thinks the last 5 years have felt like 10.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
(Bob .. who thinks larch still doesn't want to believe all this stuff is happening.)

Click THIS!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
bob shiftright said:
(Bob .. who thinks larch still doesn't want to believe all this stuff is happening.)......
:D

Actually looked at the links in both posts, and read the first one totally. Never really knew before what those supposed "waves" were (sounds right to me). And, doesn't "259,800 yuan" sound like a lot?

I mean, I ain't got even 1 yuan.

But what's not to believe? All sounds fine to me. But don't see how it means we're headed for any disaster. But can see how one would.

Larchmont, who knows that 3 "buts" in one line is too many.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
larchmont said:
:D

Actually looked at the links in both posts, and read the first one totally. Never really knew before what those supposed "waves" were (sounds right to me). And, doesn't "259,800 yuan" sound like a lot?

I mean, I ain't got even 1 yuan.

But what's not to believe? All sounds fine to me. But don't see how it means we're headed for any disaster. But can see how one would.
1 US dollar = 0.1208 China (Renminbi) on Friday....

.....but the factoid in there that I thought remarkable was that the Chinese buy more Accords than we 'mericans buy TSXs.

Also, I think it's at least interesting that China now consumes 40% of all the concrete produced in the world today, and that they've passed Japan and are now in second place in the world for energy consmption.

Disaster? Not hardly, not if you're among the 1.2 billion people in China and 1 billion people in India who are getting rich very fast. Maybe if you try to fill sandbags to build a dam to resist, though. Kinda like in this picture, just about anything you could possibly do to try to prevent this will lead to a disaster.... but only for YOU ... not for the wave!

Ride the wave! Resistance is useless!

Gonna be an interesting ride, for sure!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Cool thread/topic...I might get this A-Spec package when all these components are worn out but not till then. Did this thread get a little off topic? Any ways, interesting stuff. hmmm Global or Global Chinese economy?

·
Registered
954 Posts
$4330 plus installation?! That means that the wheels, tires, aero kit and badging cost $3530 ($4330 less 800 for suspension)!

Not sure if it's really worth all that.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Yeah...for their cost, it's not worth it. I just want the wheels :D

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
How much is the suspension itself and what sorta differences does it have other than slightly lowered ride height, revised damper spring rates to provide a more grippy drive? I suspect aftermarket performance coilovers would outperform this with ease on pricing and features.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
CL9 K24a said:
How much is the suspension itself and what sorta differences does it have other than slightly lowered ride height, revised damper spring rates to provide a more grippy drive? I suspect aftermarket performance coilovers would outperform this with ease on pricing and features.
It's $800. (See first two posts of this thread.)

I don't think we'll "really" know about what kind of difference it makes until some people try it and talk about it.

All the site says is: "High performance shocks and springs."

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.