Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a TSX pretty soon and am seriously considering the A-SPEC upgrade however with such a high price tag am wondering if when i get the A-spec Since it comes with rims and tires if i can have the dealership keep the original tires and rims since each rim is 488.50 which adds up to like 2000 buxs for all for and the tires are each 150.00 buxs. Because I really dont want a TSX with 8 rims and 8 tires laying around. I know i can sell them on Ebay but i would rather not get into that and get it taken care during the deal.what do you guys think? Possible?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I think the only part of it that can be separated out is the suspension kit, which you can get separately.

Check out this other thread, Carlos -- it has most of what we know about this:

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2850

Edit: Wooops, I see that I misunderstood. I thought he was talking about getting the A-Spec package without the tires and rims.

Larchmont, who needs reading lessons.

Actually, hurt my eye last week, I guess it's still not up to snuff. Either that or I'm just getting stupid.

·
Registered
42 Posts
very smart carlos, keep that in mind when you order the car w/ A spec thru the dealer. bet most will give bs saying they already factor in the cost of switching tires. good luck shopping!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Good luck, but somehow I doubt you'll get that much for the rims and tires. For one thing, the prices you're quoting is the retail price... what the dealership will charge you if you bought them. If you're selling them back to them, you'll get much less... at most half the amounts you're quoting... and that's assuming they'll want them. Remember, they'd have to try to sell them to someone else as USED equipment.

You're probably better off trying to sell them yourself.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I think this is really different from "selling" it back to them, and besides I don't think he was necessarily thinking of exactly getting an allowance for the full price. Anyway since it's all part of the negotiation, I don't think we can rule out that he might get an allowance for the full retail price. (At least "on paper," but of course these things are complicated. Sometimes when they give us an allowance on something, it just reflects a discount that they would have been ready to give anyway.)

·
Registered
954 Posts
larchmont said:
I think this is really different from "selling" it back to them, and besides I don't think he was necessarily thinking of exactly getting an allowance for the full price. Anyway since it's all part of the negotiation, I don't think we can rule out that he might get an allowance for the full retail price. (At least "on paper," but of course these things are complicated. Sometimes when they give us an allowance on something, it just reflects a discount that they would have been ready to give anyway.)
If he gets an allowance of the full retail price, he's basically selling it back to them... no matter which way you look at it. Sure, it is possible that they will offer him that, but it's not likely. What's their incentive? I bet it's easier for them to sell an A-SPEC package than to sell a set of used stock rims and tires. If they do reduce the price of the package in exchange for the rims and tires, it won't be for much... he'd be better off trying to sell it to someone himself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts