Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got to thinking the other day while looking through the TSX accessory booklet and haven't heard of anyone installing the following:

Door Edge Gurards

I-VES (Rear DVD Player)

XM Satellite

Anyone here done these or plan to?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
hip said:
Just got to thinking the other day while looking through the TSX accessory booklet and haven't heard of anyone installing the following:

Door Edge Gurards

I-VES (Rear DVD Player)

XM Satellite

Anyone here done these or plan to?
Maybe the door edge guards...I got a chip when my dad opened my rear door into one of our cars...which we sold a few weeks later :( :bawling:
I'd have to see how they look like first though.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I'm with TRU -- none of the above, but might like to have the door edge guards.

I don't think I realized it was an option when I got the car. If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten them.

Anybody have them? How are they?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't have a need for those.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I think the door edge guards are basically a strip of rubber that "clips" onto the edge of the doors. I've seen them on other cars before, but not on a TSX. If memory serves me correctly, I think they were black... not sure if other colors are available. Don't know if I'd want a strip of black rubber along every door.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I saw some on display at the Chicago Autoshow back in Feb. I think they were for the TL...but those were colored... I'm guessing the ones for the TSX is colored also. You can also get some of that 3M clear bra material as door edge guards as well. My clear bra installer has done them for a bunch of people.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the TSX door guards are the same as other Hondas, which I have no reason to believe otherwise, they are made from aluminum and painted body color.

I've installed these on my Ody and my dad's '00 Accord, the only difficult part is removing the strip of rubberized sealant Honda applies inside along the door edge. Honda provides a special "tool" with the gurards to perform this. The drawback is the potential to scrape some paint, they advise applying touch up paint to the scratched areas prior to installing them. If you're real careful, this can be avoided.

The guards "crimp" on, a rubber mallet helps wedge them on. They are also pre-formed to fit each specific door shape. Onlya slight raised vertical edge along the door is noticeable, nothing objectionable considering the benefit they provide?

Also, forgot to add to the list:

Hands Free Cell Phone Interface, I posted the install instructions for the Accord which is virtually the same. I'm considering this one myself, but no one else has ever mentioned getting it? Are you all aware of it?

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1302

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
hip said:
Also, forgot to add to the list:

Hands Free Cell Phone Interface, I posted the install instructions for the Accord which is virtually the same. I'm considering this one myself, but no one else has ever mentioned getting it? Are you all aware of it?

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1302
Never heard of it till now..though I have no use for it becuase I use the speakerphone option on my phone.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
cassette player

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Yeah..definately the cassette player... It's actually cheaper to get the SNHOND3 and a walkman :spin:
Unless you get it thrown in for free :D

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
For the I-VES (Rear DVD Player), I suspect that a lot of people opted for the NAV + DVD player + avelectronic route. (Not to mention, cleaner, sleeker install).

Plus, demographically I think TL/MDX owners are better age/financial fit for people with interest in Rear DVD player. TSX owners somehow seem out of place in that crowd. :donno:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whatchamacallit said:
For the I-VES (Rear DVD Player), I suspect that a lot of people opted for the NAV + DVD player + avelectronic route. (Not to mention, cleaner, sleeker install).

Plus, demographically I think TL/MDX owners are better age/financial fit for people with interest in Rear DVD player. TSX owners somehow seem out of place in that crowd. :donno:
The big drawback to the avelectonic config is you can't use the Navi at the same time a movie is on. I suppose that is only right since you shouldn't be watching while driving? ;)

Although, sometimes on a long trip, I wouldn't mind listening to a movie?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Whatchamacallit said:
For the I-VES (Rear DVD Player), I suspect that a lot of people opted for the NAV + DVD player + avelectronic route.....
Really, Whatcham? -- Have a number of people said they got that? I only noticed one guy (Vik, vp911), and my impression has been that while quite a few people have asked about it, very few have done it. :donno:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
larchmont said:
And that's what you need the cassette player for. :D :D :D :D :D
Tough to get a whole movie onto one cassette isn't it? Besides, cassettes are going the way of the 8-track.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
hip said:
Tough to get a whole movie onto one cassette isn't it? Besides, cassettes are going the way of the 8-track.
Now there's a must have accessory for the TSX..an 8-track player :p
Or how bout an in dash 6 8-track player? ssssssss2 :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
hip said:
Uh, how can I put this......it's OK to have 2 cassettes. :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have added the door edge guards on my TSX & RSX-S. Helps prevent chipping on the door edges. Easy to install and blend in well due to color matching.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
miner said:
I have added the door edge guards on my TSX & RSX-S. Helps prevent chipping on the door edges. Easy to install and blend in well due to color matching.
Miner,

Thanks for posting, your TSX looks great!
Would it be possible for you post a close up of the door edge to see the moldings better?

Thanks,
=hip=

1 - 20 of 38 Posts