Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Seasoned Newbie
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I just picked up my TSX exactly 1 week and a day before this ice storm hit Saturday. Words cannot describe what I woke up to Saturday when I saw my car. So I'll let pictures do the talking. I know some of you up north go through this all the time most likely, but being a native south-easterner, this is my first experience with this.

Pictures are fairly high res, so I'll just post the links. They are also all close-up's....the overall shot of the car from a distance didn't even show the ice blanket really. just the ice-cicles dangling. Also, I am in Warner Robins, which is the very southern extent of where this ice storm hit, so this happening here is VERY uncommon.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6
Pic 7

And this is a shot from Dunkin Donuts. :)

Pic 8

·
Seasoned Newbie
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try again, HTTP tags were screwy. Your too fast!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I Feel Ur Pain

My NBP is dirrty right now & it is way too cold to wash. I am contemplating taking it to one of those touchless drive thru car washes but if memory serves, they do not do that great of a job. However, I also believe leaving the salt & stuff on your car is also bad ... oh decisions decisions

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
wow that's alot of ice!

congrats on your purchase and welcome!

·
JT2k4TSX
172 Posts
Wow man sorry to hear that about your car!! I got mine a week ago today and I live in Birmingham, Al and they did predict alot of ice and freezing rain for us but thank god it moved into GA! Also want to say congrats on the purchase! I definatly hope you enjoy it!! I come to Atlanta alot so maybe we can meet up sometime!

·
Seasoned Newbie
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It took all day for it to melt off naturally. I only scraped off the windshield, driver + passenger windows, and rear windshield. And of course I had to open door / trunk.

To give you an idea how think the ice was, I drove 40 miles that day on I-75 and when I eventually got home, the ice on the hood was STILL THERE. I will admit that looking through an iced over moonroof is pretty neat. Everything was crystaline.

Thanks for the welcomes, and I love the car so far. I can't wait till the break-in is done so I can drive it a little bit more and use that sport-shift. The Navi system is great, I just recently moved to this town about 6 months ago and it already gave me multiple ways to work I never thought of before

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
good god those pictures even put my cable to a test.

anyway, cool pictures.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
congrats on your new TSX and welcome to the Club.:wavey:

Nice to see another ABP TSX owner!:woot:

as for the ice pictures its another new meaning for Arctic Blue Pearl or should I say Arctic Blue Ice.:D

·
Seasoned Newbie
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What I love most about it is......not only do other people love my car...the first comment out of them is "Wow, what an awsome color!".

Frankly, I would not have settled for another color...the ABP and Ebony interior are just fantastic. And I got lucky too, didn't have one in stock w/Nav nearby at any dealer in 7 states. But the next day, the dealer found one straight off the boat. Got my TSX with 2 miles on it :)

/me waits patiently for the break-in period to end so I can open her up.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Faron said:
Well, I just picked up my TSX exactly 1 week and a day before this ice storm hit Saturday. Words cannot describe what I woke up to Saturday when I saw my car. So I'll let pictures do the talking. I know some of you up north go through this all the time most likely, but being a native south-easterner, this is my first experience with this.

Pictures are fairly high res, so I'll just post the links. They are also all close-up's....the overall shot of the car from a distance didn't even show the ice blanket really. just the ice-cicles dangling. Also, I am in Warner Robins, which is the very southern extent of where this ice storm hit, so this happening here is VERY uncommon.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6
Pic 7

And this is a shot from Dunkin Donuts. :)

Pic 8
I'm glad I kept my TSX in the garage that day. :)

BTW, welcome aboard! :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Agent_Chen said:
.....as for the ice pictures its another new meaning for Arctic Blue Pearl or should I say Arctic Blue Ice.:D
:lol: :lol:

Great pics, Faron.
BTW.....what's all that big blue stuff? :D
Really! I guess it's ice, but I never woulda known. Just looks like a sound effect. I mean a sight effect. Scenery.
Whatever. :D

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
welcome faron where is this ice storm ?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
robert_tsxgeek said:
welcome faron where is this ice storm ?
It was in Georgia...I was hit by it as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts