Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I have been keeping up with this project for a while. Good to know that it hasn't be abandoned. Great Job Brock!

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
^yeah always a great input of advice on k20a.

You got some balls to tackle such a complex project, filled with so many obstacles and obscurities. Must take a lot of patience, research, money and fabrication to tackle such a project. Hats off to you man! :cheers:

Well done for persevering with this crazy ass project.

We used to be full of admiration when people turbo'd their k24 motors but you have taken this to an entire new level.

Should top it off with "J's" racing gear lol
When I saw the thread title I thought someone did a J's racing build...someone who has deep pockets like coltsicehockey and his J's gear. But it seems like you're just as nuts! :laugh:

·
Registered
714 Posts
been following this for ages! nice to see your nearing completion! :)

well done

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
Nice Prelude! :tu:

Stock motor for now. Using an ECU from an 07' TL Type-S. Wire harnesses (2 pcs) also from an 07' TL Type-S. Perfect fit, only mods are the 2 ECU connectors that connect to the body harness had to be re-pinned. I also added some wires for the fuel pump controller and the cooling fans, which operate separately on the J-series engines. I decided to update the engine bay/cabin harness to the 06'. This required removing the dash, which wasn't fun at all.

Yeah that's the route I'm going. Don at RPM Systems built my harness and I'm running the stock 07 TL-S ECU. THe stock motor has great power especially in such a small car compared to the TL but it's still not enough and I want more. Problem is as you already know there isn't an engine management system available yet to be able to tune this motor with DBW. My ECU is currently at API (Tim Beadle) and they are trying to break the code on it like they did with the K-Series ECU's so you can tune it but so far no dice.

Can you please post a link to your thread on K20A? Thanks and good luck. I'll be watching with a keen eye.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yeah that's the route I'm going. Don at RPM Systems built my harness and I'm running the stock 07 TL-S ECU. THe stock motor has great power especially in such a small car compared to the TL but it's still not enough and I want more. Problem is as you already know there isn't an engine management system available yet to be able to tune this motor with DBW. My ECU is currently at API (Tim Beadle) and they are trying to break the code on it like they did with the K-Series ECU's so you can tune it but so far no dice.

Can you please post a link to your thread on K20A? Thanks and good luck. I'll be watching with a keen eye.
TL and TL-S ecu tuning using mega squirt
jandrnextlevelperformance.com

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
Very nice!!! Would also like the link to the build on K20

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
This is definitely very cool. Always neat seeing people continue to be innovative with the TSX.

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
TL and TL-S ecu tuning using mega squirt
jandrnextlevelperformance.com

Thanks for the link but I have already checked out megasquirt. It is an unproven product and to top it off my friend sent in money to purchase it and still hasn't received it almost a year later. Thanks for trying though.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts