Acura TSX Forum banner

121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
inVTECwetrust
8 Posts
WOW. Just recently started finding non-dead-end threads and videos on a V6 Swap into 1G TSX. Amazing.

Would like to see it on RDX 19" Accessory wheels and then take it to the track against a lightly moded K24a2 TSX. See how the handling has changed and the power difference.

How long did it take you to build it?

Waiting for that Video!! Props to you man.

·
inVTECwetrust
8 Posts
Thats messed up. Even more so, we've never gotten a video of it! :/

Is it not possible to pick up another J35 from off of ebay or something and swap it? I done a quick search and found most J35's being in the 300-700 range.. I'm sure you don't want to tear the engine out of the car since you just got it in there snug, but what else is there to do? Keep burning oil? Unless you have another DD.

No really, I feel for you. I was so excited by this I ended up finding a few videos of a V6 CL7/CL9 using a J32 Type-S. TSX is sick with a V6. Hopefully yours can be revived soon.
Can't remember if these were posted here already or not but..

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Oh no!!!!!!!

That's terrible news. I'm really sorry Brock. That sucks. I hope you don't give up on the project.

My night was just ruined :(( I love this project but to get this far and find this problem now just plain stinks.

Why not just get another motor and do the swap and then rebuild the spare and sell it to recoup costs?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Now your thinking! :tu:

I was bored at work the other day and did some surfing on the Honda news website and researched the difference between a 3.5-3.7. Its lighter and by removing friction and thinner aluminum sleeves thus giving the .2 difference--they were able to squeeze just little but more from the 3.5 motor. The new rlx is rated at 300+hp and is a bad bitch.

It's gonna be hard to find just a motor though

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

121 - 140 of 177 Posts