Acura TSX Forum banner

141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
inVTECwetrust
8 Posts
Currently pondering the idea of a J36...
RL J37 block and RL J37 pistons. Everything else from my J35A8.
The increased bore size would result in 3550 cc, so it can be called a J36. :D
This is the cheapest way to combine an upgrade with the rebuild, since I would need pistons and block machining if I just rebuilt the J35.

I've pretty much decided against the risk of another junkyard engine.

Yesssss Do it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Its torture to read everybody say how awesome this build is and not he able to see anything but blank posts. Where did they go?

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Crazy, he completed it and saw the pic's....now gone.

·
J-Spec
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Here is a teaser pic for the new year. :D

In case you are wondering, that's a J37. Build is still G14 classified though.

·
J-Spec
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Recent pics and videos...

Just a heads-up, the exterior video has substantial wind noise. I've tried quite a few camera mods to reduce it without success.

·
J-Spec
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
It's pretty fast and handles great. A little added weight, but I've got it down to less than
it was stock with the Spoon CF hood and a few other light-weight components.
The downside is the enormous time and money investment.

·
Registered
708 Posts
A/C working as well? Looks very factory. I actually kind of like the stock intake on it.

Did you swap the entire subframe or get mounts? Interested to see what went in it for you because there have been a few ways to do this some harder than others.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Cool swap and it appears like the car pulls pretty hard. I've done swaps in my old school hatchbacks, and I can only imagine the customizing and headaches involved with this swap.

Have you strapped it on a dyno?

Not sure why you're being so secretive about the swap, nobody on this forum is going to copy it...lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, looks exceptionally well for 2004 - brand new I would say :) Great job man. I still remember when there was a guy in my neighborhood driving around in 2004 one as yours, he recently switched for brand new 2017 at DSRLeasing though I would prefer to keep this 2004 one if I were him as it's absolutely great :)

141 - 160 of 177 Posts