Acura TSX Forum banner

161 - 177 of 177 Posts

·
J-Spec
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Recent pic and dyno video. New j-pipe design sounds slightly better. Dyno numbers are 318 WHP and 276 WTQ.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
Awesome swap. Super clean it looks factory.

I see the Brockway Engineering sticket on the car in one video. I have one of their video gauge boxes. Are they still in business? Also how did you convert the LCD screens to Red LEDs?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Wish this was an option from the factory. The car has evolved and looks/sounds really good!

·
J-Spec
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
CCColtsicehockey said:
Awesome swap. Super clean it looks factory.

I see the Brockway Engineering sticker on the car in one video. I have one of their video gauge boxes. Are they still in business? Also how did you convert the LCD screens to Red LEDs?
They are still in business working on Honda/Acura V6 performance stuff. I have a Brockway Engineering DGauge in my TSX as well as
a prototype exhaust system with patent pending mufflers. It sounds amazing in person. Changing the back-lighting is an enormous
amount of work. There are literally over a hundred LEDs and some require changing the current limiting resistor to get the brightness
even. The switch back-lighting on the center panels are tiny bulbs that require red condoms. The displays have over a hundred pins
that need to be desoldered to remove in order to get at the LEDs. You need the right equipment and lots of patients.

Thanks for all the compliments!

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
Man that is a bummer cause the red looks so good. Would love just the gauges since the are similar to the euroR gauges. No chance you would want to do it for a fee?

So are they only doing performance parts now and no more electronics? I would love to get my r2000 video gauge box fixed as the power connector is messed up. It also seems to no longer work with the newer can-bus ecu. Do they have anything coming out to work with that?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Probably get better MPG than the K more if you keep your foot out of it also?

If you ever get sick of the car PM me I'll fly up there and buy it.

·
J-Spec
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #169 (Edited)
CCColtsicehockey said:
Man that is a bummer cause the red looks so good. Would love just the gauges since they are similar to the euroR gauges. No chance you would want to do it for a fee?

So are they only doing performance parts now and no more electronics? I would love to get my r2000 video gauge box fixed as the power connector is messed up. It also seems to no longer work with the newer can-bus ecu. Do they have anything coming out to work with that?
The red dash lighting definitely makes it feel like a Type-R, but it's way too much work to do again.

PsybinZek said:
Probably get better MPG than the K more if you keep your foot out of it also?

If you ever get sick of the car PM me I'll fly up there and buy it.
It's impossible to drive this car without driving aggressively. :D

I doubt I would ever sell it. I have a substantial amount of time and money into it.
Nobody in their right mind would pay what I would be willing to sell it for.

·
J-Spec
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Powertrain is out again for the next clutch setup iteration. Getting cold already here in Michigan,
so the car is probably stuck in the garage until spring.

·
J-Spec
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
New disc. Different material and construction. I'm trying to get a perfectly smooth clutch engagement.

161 - 177 of 177 Posts