Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an auto TSX and the tranny just blew up so I am getting a crashed car to swap to manual, I am thinking of getting this clutch and flywheel, is this a good set up?

Clutch ~ https://www.heeltoeauto.com/clutch-kits/exedy-oem-replacement-clutch-kit-honda-k20a-z-k24a-must-use-rsx-s-flywheel-khc10-exe.khc10.html

Flywheel ~ https://www.heeltoeauto.com/drivetrain-shifter/competition-clutch-flywheel-forged-ultra-lightweight-steel-flywheel-k-series-application-2002-06-rsx-s-spec-2-800-stu-ccl.2-800-stu.html

I know people say light flywheels are hard to drive but I have driven my friends 8th gen civic with one and it was not hard to me, so I want the power. Also is a stock clutch enough to hold like 300hp crank? I will probably only do cams and tune and the car is done. It is full bolt on rn. A dude told me not to get a stage 1 clutch cause my car is auto and we are gonna have to fabricate the firewall. So a stage 1 might push through. Any advice would be nice (y)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have the Comp clutch flywheel, it is not the lightest available, but in my opinion is just right. Very happy with it.
For more power I would go with a stage 1 or 2 clutch. I have the Comp clutch 1.5, my car has most common bolt ons and reflash. It grips well, could probably handle well more power than I have. Pedal feel is somewhat heavier than stock.
The "dude's" comment about not going stage 1 because of the firewall doesn't make any sense at all... Maybe he was referring to not converting to manual at all because there may need to be work done to the firewall... I know nothing about auto-manual conversions in this car so couldn't tell you about firewall work. But regardless, a stock, stage 1 or more clutch would make zero difference regarding firewall modification. Clutch is in the transmission bell housing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Comp clutch flywheel, it is not the lightest available, but in my opinion is just right. Very happy with it.
For more power I would go with a stage 1 or 2 clutch. I have the Comp clutch 1.5, my car has most common bolt ons and reflash. It grips well, could probably handle well more power than I have. Pedal feel is somewhat heavier than stock.
The "dude's" comment about not going stage 1 because of the firewall doesn't make any sense at all... Maybe he was referring to not converting to manual at all because there may need to be work done to the firewall... I know nothing about auto-manual conversions in this car so couldn't tell you about firewall work. But regardless, a stock, stage 1 or more clutch would make zero difference regarding firewall modification. Clutch is in the transmission bell housing.
Well the main reason he said that is cause the AT TSX does not have the same fire wall as the MT. So you have to modify it to make clutch mounts. He said cause it's not reinforced it might push the clutch through it if it's heavy, cause you know the pedal being harder to push. Idk if a stage 1 will be that much stronger. But I just don't wanna ******* shift one day and my clutch yeets my fire wall 😂

1 - 3 of 3 Posts