Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello There,

I am awaiting my new much awaited 2005 Indigo Blue Accord Executive 2.4 (Delivery March 2005!! :banghead: ). I know that basically is is almost identical to the US TSX so will all performance parts mach this model as well if I decide to import performance parts from the US like comtech performance intake, etc.etc.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
You'd be fine, it's an identical model including the majority of component mounting points. Just clarify before you buy or make an installation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Noel for your info, by the way just forgot to congratulate my self with you guys as this site is REALLY COOL !!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Enjoy your stay, you'd find plenty of what you can do and should do to your car in the technical subforums. Should you ever feel unclear of anything, feel free to ask. We have plenty of knowledged and experienced members. Not to mention, very friendly and patient as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cruise Control

Dear Noel

I have a 2.0 TSX 5speed auto in Spore, am interested in fitting a original cruise control unit. Do you have any ideas?

Regards
vonarx

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
welcome to the community IVTEC ! :wavey:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
vonarx said:
I have a 2.0 TSX 5speed auto in Spore, am interested in fitting a original cruise control unit. Do you have any ideas?
So your steering wheel has no cruise control functions, right? If so, you'd need quite a few parts and the cost is gonna be approximately $3K or more, half goes to the new steering wheel BTW.

However, you can easily find and fit aftermarket cruise control systems for around a few hundred dollars instead.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the info, besides the steering wheel, what is the other parts needed? I have never seen an aftermarket cruise control before pls enlighten me great guru.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
If you're talking about the OEM parts required, here are just some without going into detail.

- Steering wheel with cruise control functionality.
- Cruise control wiring harness.
- Drive-By-Wire cruise compatible throttle control unit.
- Related harness to throttle control unit.

Or one of a universal aftermarket cruise control units for drive-by-wire cars can be found at this company.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
robert_tsxgeek said:
welcome to the community IVTEC ! :wavey:

Thanks Rob,

I am glad to be part of this forum as I find it really interesting with some really cool people !! :cool:
Moreover I've been a honda/acura fan from some time now. My first honda was a 97 civic EK4 with the 1.6 DOHC vtec engine and spoon exhaust which I now sold in order to order my new accord.
Also since no body sells quality aftermarket toys at my end, I have to buy everything from overseas so your comments on different matters really helps..

Cheers !!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes Noel, the B engines are ferocious, mine did 15sec quarter mile.
Only mods were a spoon N1 exhaust attached to the standard manifold (catalic eliminated) and Kumho ecsta semi slcks rubber.
You should see the JDM integras we have here, they do low 12 seconds with a turbo install !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts