Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an 04 TSX and would like to buy an exhaust system for it soon.

I know there is single outlet and dual outlet options available.

I am not looking for anything too loud as I have a 1.5 year old daughter.

I am just not sure which one to get as well as something that will produce a decent amount of power.

The N1 style and single will produce more power; but I feel with these newer vehicles; the "stock" looking ones look better.

Any suggestions on which system to get? Looking to spend no more then $1200.

***Please post some pictures of your exhaust from the rear.

I am open to all suggestions.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Apex-i WS2 & Tanabe Medalion Touring are fairly quiet and have the stock sport looking mufflers your talking about. I have the Tanabe SMH exhaust which they don't make anymore but its pretty much the same as the Medalion Touring and at highway speeds it's pretty much quiet and it can be loud if you get on it. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apex-i WS2 & Tanabe Medalion Touring are fairly quiet and have the stock sport looking mufflers your talking about. I have the Tanabe SMH exhaust which they don't make anymore but its pretty much the same as the Medalion Touring and at highway speeds it's pretty much quiet and it can be loud if you get on it. Hope that helps.
Thanks for those recomendations.

Did you feel a power difference?

Have any pictures?

Anyone else have anything else?

I was thinking about going a with a single outlet style also... I would like a decent power gain...

·
Registered
254 Posts
you don't get to much gains from the exhaust on the TSX so a single exit exhaust won't get you much more and it will be louder. if you search on here us can find pics of the exhausts on the car and youtube you can hear what they sound like

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
You won't get much gains from an exhaust for the price that they come in. The stock exhaust is surprisingly well built.

I have an Apexi WS2 exhaust so I'll chime in on it. It is one of the quietest exhaust out there but if need be, it can growl pretty loud. Cruising, you probably won't even notice. WOT, you'll know for sure you got an aftermarket exhaust back there.

My only gripes about the Apexi WS2 is that it hangs pretty low. You will scrape the exhaust most of the times through speed bumps if you are tucking tires.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
me. Not a canister but an oval.

Which muffler is this?

You won't get much gains from an exhaust for the price that they come in. The stock exhaust is surprisingly well built.

I have an Apexi WS2 exhaust so I'll chime in on it. It is one of the quietest exhaust out there but if need be, it can growl pretty loud. Cruising, you probably won't even notice. WOT, you'll know for sure you got an aftermarket exhaust back there.

My only gripes about the Apexi WS2 is that it hangs pretty low. You will scrape the exhaust most of the times through speed bumps if you are tucking tires.
-The hanglign low issue reall sucks and is annoying....

Yeah; I just can justify $1k plus for something that does not net a healthy number of HP. I was thinking of getting a custom built single outlet exhaust with a reputable manufacture. Also thinking about getting the RT CAT or the FLP CAT alogn with that.....

·
straight (father) hood!
2,362 Posts
I have the WS2 and I don't think they hang that low.

Those pictures are from when I first installed them. Now, they are a little uneven but I'm sure it's because of the rubber hangers. I gotta check next time I'm under the car.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts

Those pictures are from when I first installed them. Now, they are a little uneven but I'm sure it's because of the rubber hangers. I gotta check next time I'm under the car.
Haha, I don't know. Even the pictures looks like it hangs low to me. The UR rear brace will not fit if you run an Apexi WS2 because of the Y split hanging low.

Ken, you don't scrape the exhaust when going through some speed bumps?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Damn, this exhaust sure does look nice on the TSX.

Anyone else have pictures? Any single outlet?

·
Alberto Acosta - 808TSXer
1,176 Posts
Is this the exhuast that you have?

Any pics?

I do see that Heeltoe has a review...

I noticed that most manufactures only offer a 2.25 inch pipes.

I am looking for someone who offers a 2.5 inch pipes.

Anyone else?
im debating wether to buy that or the skunk2.. but i think im going with the skunk2

·
Alberto Acosta - 808TSXer
1,176 Posts
Where are you located at? this is a great exhaust and would had been long gone if he woulded shipp to Hawaii when i wanted it.. LOL but i bought my headers, coilovers and something im not mentioning (car related but its a project i'm not finished working on yet) from this guy, so i vouche for him, and i know a lot of other ppl here vouhces for him as well... http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/tsx-classifieds/50129-algernon-intellesse-ii-function-form-apexi-ws2-ralco-underdrive-pulleys-dc-headers-rb-14.html

1 - 20 of 21 Posts