Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Closing in on the 20K mile mark with my TSX. On the positive side the car handles well and is value priced compared to its peer group. However, I find the steering still a bit tight, the driver's seat sometimes makes jerking movements when going over bumps or taking turns and the brakes from time to time squeals at slow speeds. Will have the dealer check it out when it is in for service shortly. Would appreciate comments from owners who have had the car for a similar length of time on their experience.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Raider said:
Closing in on the 20K mile mark with my TSX. On the positive side the car handles well and is value priced compared to its peer group. However, I find the steering still a bit tight, the driver's seat sometimes makes jerking movements when going over bumps or taking turns and the brakes from time to time squeals at slow speeds. Will have the dealer check it out when it is in for service shortly. Would appreciate comments from owners who have had the car for a similar length of time on their experience.
Closing in on 12k miles. I find the steering too numb! I wish it were tighter and that the power steering would cut out at lower speeds, instead of getting it up to 50 mph or something before it shuts off. My automatic gear shifter gate squeaks all the time, and sometimes I hear little rattles or squeaks inside the cabin, but that stuff really doesn't matter. I need to get that shifter get looked at pronto, but wait until 15k miles. I find the car to serve its purpose well. Of course there will be these minor problems to deal with.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Raider said:
However, I find the steering still a bit tight
I actually prefer the tight feel of the steering wheel as it provides instant feedback to the driver and maximizes the sporty feel while driving. I guess people have different take on the same situation.

Raider said:
the driver's seat sometimes makes jerking movements when going over bumps or taking turns
Others have had similar problems where the driver's seat would move slightly under heavy braking or cornering. That's not normal and I do agree that you should have your dealer check it out. Some people have had their driver's seat rail replaced and the problem went away.

BTW, my TSX is about 6 months old and I have about 8K miles on it so far.

Good luck on the check up at the dealership.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts