Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a relatively new TSX, Silver exterior with Black interior with Navi system. Is in pristeen condition, less then 4k miles on it. Located in Wash DC. Looking to sell it. Asking $28500 or bo.

let me know of interest.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Good luck -- but, do you realize you're asking essentially the original price?

A general rule of thumb is that the car loses some significant value literally when you drive it off the lot -- figure about 5%.
And whatever mileage you put on it affects the value too.

I wish you luck, but the asking price does seem high. I imagine you're prepared to accept less, but the fact that what you're asking is virtually the same as the price of BRAND NEW car might scare off people who might otherwise show interest. All IMHO of course.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry the car is automatic. As for the price, I appreciate the heads-up, however I did mention or best offer and you have to start somewhere.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
gobuds said:
....I did mention or best offer and you have to start somewhere.
Yes indeed.

This gets into the whole thing of what's the best way to get your best price. A lot of people, maybe even most people, seem to think that your way is the best way: Ask a real high number, and what can you lose -- maybe someone comes along who's willing to pay the high price, or if not, then they can offer whatever they want to pay and you can take it or leave it and you wind up getting the best price anyway.

Well, I don't know, but I don't think that's the approach that will usually get you the best price. Certainly it's not the approach that is likely to get you a fast sale, if that's important to you (which I guess it isn't). But even besides speed, the thing is that you are likely to not attract a lot of possible buyers, because they might see the price and say "This is crazy," or maybe they will barely even see your offer because they're thinking in a certain price range and won't want to waste their time thinking about cars that seem to be out of their range.

Just my one and a half cents. I think you'll have a much better chance to sell it at a good price, whether it's here or anywhere else, if you ask considerably less.

Please keep us posted. I'll be delighted for you to wind up telling us that I was wrong.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
May I ask what the reason is for selling the car?

Not that there is anything wrong with selling it but I see more and more people putting up their TSX for sale. I just want to gather some information as to why people and their TSX have parted ways.

For some, the TSX just didn't turn out to be what they had hoped for. Some have complained about the rattling getting to their head. Others have had special circumstances where they had to sell the car (baby, military, financial crisis, etc).

Thanks in advance and good luck with the sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts